Re: Can't download The Sims 3 from Origin

by FosterthePandas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't download The Sims 3 from Origin

★★★★ Apprentice

Origin - PC - Windows 10 x64 - i5 3230M/ 4 GB Ram/ Intel HD graphics 4000

I bought The sims 3 base game a while ago, registered the code in my origin account and then installed it immediately to see if everything was running fine. I played with it a bit and uninstaled it (for other reasons), everything fine until here.

Then the 64 bits version for Mac was on the works and the game just vanished from my library page of Origin. Couple of weeks later it was back there but showing up that it is exclusive to 64 bits version of Mac and since then I can't download the game by any means. Did I lose my game? Is there a way I can download the 32 bits version?

I don't know if the Windows version is ever gonna be updated to x64, so I just wanna play the game in whatever version I can for Windows

Message 1 of 3 (1,212 Views)

Accepted Solution

@FosterthePandas  Please make sure you don't have any filters enabled in Origin: click the Filter menu in the upper right corner of your game library and dismiss all filters.

If you still see only the 64-bit version of Sims 3, you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask that someone add back the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 32-bit version.  Since the 64-bit version is in your library, Origin still clearly thinks you own the game, so it will hopefully not be overly difficult to restore.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,197 Views)

All Replies

@FosterthePandas  Please make sure you don't have any filters enabled in Origin: click the Filter menu in the upper right corner of your game library and dismiss all filters.

If you still see only the 64-bit version of Sims 3, you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask that someone add back the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 32-bit version.  Since the 64-bit version is in your library, Origin still clearly thinks you own the game, so it will hopefully not be overly difficult to restore.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,198 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You were right. My problem was solved by contacting EA and asking for the "entitlement" back so I could access the right version. Thank you!

Message 3 of 3 (1,190 Views)