Can't download Sims 3

by AndreaAna09

Original Post

Can't download Sims 3

★★★★ Novice

I was playing Sims 3 trough EA play subscription . Maybe three months ago I cancelled my subscription and uninstalled Sims 3. This morning I renowned subscription but I can't download Sims 3. I tried uninstalling and installing Origin again, cleaning cache, contacting EA help on twitter, I gave them access to my account but even they couldn't fix it. Now when I open origin notification that Sims 3 are repairing pops up, and then cancels. I searched my pc but there's no left over files from previous installation. I don't know what else to do

Message 1 of 5 (379 Views)

Re: Can't download Sims 3

@AndreaAna09  Please do a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin:

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if you have any other Origin games installed.  (This is where those games would be located by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (362 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Already did that. Twice 😄 That and cleaning cache

Message 3 of 5 (348 Views)

@AndreaAna09  I understood that you uninstalled Origin, but the clean install is more thorough than removing it through the Control Panel or even using the EA uninstall guide.

If uninstalling with Revo doesn't help, try changing the install location within Origin.  Create a new folder where you want the game to go; it can be within Program Files (x86) if you want, but don't use the Origin Games folder.  Hover over your username, select Application Settings > Installs & Saves, and pick the folder you created.  Then see whether you can download the game.

If that doesn't help either, try using Piriform's CCleaner to remove any Sims 3-related files from your computer.  Even though you didn't find any, something might be hidden in the registry or elsewhere that CCleaner may find.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (338 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did clean uninstall. But I will try installing that program and searching for any left behind Sims 3 folders. Thank you

Message 5 of 5 (326 Views)