Re: Can't download Get Famous, Help!

by CaitMarie12

Original Post

Can't download Get Famous, Help!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I pre-ordered Get Famous, and now its 12:30 am here in Michigan, and it says the game is available when I select my game, but when I try to select it to download I can't, it won't even allow me to select it, its like it isn't  selectable, which doesn't make sense! 

Has Maxis changed Origin? Making it where we have to download ep and stuff ourselves, instead of it automatically doing it for us? 

If so, then why can't I select it to download? Please answer me soon! 

Message 1 of 6 (1,600 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Rightclick the game in your Game Library and select Update.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (1,564 Views)

★★★ Novice
I had this issue too. I talked to EA support and they said they would give me a refund to reorder it.
Message 3 of 6 (1,478 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@claramj
@CaitMarie12
If your game is updated and this this problem still exists
You can tray reinstal Origin too. After installation right click on the Origin icon and start Origin as Administrator.

Message 4 of 6 (1,466 Views)

★★★ Novice
@kreatora I did both nothing worked
Message 5 of 6 (1,319 Views)

★★★ Novice

I figured out the reason mine wasn't working. When you pre-order the game they just put a hold on the money but don't actually charge you. Which means if you use the money before the game comes out, it won't work. So you will have to check if you didn't use the money already. I happened to use the money and not even realize. So I had to repurchase it. 

Message 6 of 6 (1,135 Views)