Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't create serums

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4 Get to Work
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get Together, Backyard Stuff, Bowling night stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This is the same bug still exsting that has been marked as fixed in post 5247665. At least in the Finnish version of the GTW it still exists with a scientist at level 8. The original description of the issue is: The Chemistry Lab used in the Scientist career is not working properly. The only options available are Experiment and Tinker. The options to create serums are no longer visible when you click on the machine.
What happens when the bug occurs? Chemistry lab only shows options for Upgrade (disabled), Press Big Red Button and Tinker. No option to create serums exist.
What do you expect to see? Option to create serums.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As I mention in the templae I use Finnish version of the GTW pack so maybe this fix was never fixed in that language version.

Message 1 of 6 (2,339 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] [GTW] Can't create serums

★★ Novice

Tried with a new game but seems I cannot reproduce the behavior. Chem Labs are working fine both at home and at work.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (2,247 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Cybsteve

I've tested this on my save and have no issues with this.

Can you try a different Sim  ? Did you try sell and buy a new lab ? Do you have issues both at home and on the science lot ? Does it only happen for level 8 or higher or lower levels as well ?

(I didn't test the finish version cause i wouldn't understand a word but I would be surprised if it's language specific). It could be packs specific but before I go digging there, it would be great if you could do some troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,282 Views)

★★ Novice

Hmm. Did some testing just now. The chem lab was working correctly at home and I was able to create serum but at work not.

Deleted the one at home and went to work. Neither of the work ones had the option to make serums.

So I went into build mode and deleted one of the chem labs and bought a new one and placed it at where the original had been. It seems to have fixed the issue, I can now make serums and they do get marked as completed in the work day task list.

I haven't tried anything else yet. Over the weekend I may try to start a new game and see if it happens again. 

Message 3 of 6 (2,260 Views)

Hero

OK. Let me know how it goes.

Leaving this in bugs for the moment but if it all goes well, I'll move to tech.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,253 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried with a new game but seems I cannot reproduce the behavior. Chem Labs are working fine both at home and at work.

Message 5 of 6 (2,248 Views)

Re: Can't create serums

Hero

Hi @Cybsteve

thanks for your feedback. Moving this to tech then.

Feel free to come back if you have further issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (2,202 Views)