Can't cook together with sims that have the Sulani Mana trait.

by FlamingSkull214

Original Post

Can't cook together with sims that have the Sulani Mana trait.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Platform is PC/Origin

Version is 1.77.146.1030

Seeing as how I haven't seen any bug reports on this issue yet, I'm not sure if it's just my game or just hasn't been reported yet.

So the issue is that I am unable to cook together with any sim with the Sulani Mana trait. If there are only two sims on the lot, one with it [Sim A] and one without it [Sim B] and you try to cook together as Sim B with Sim A, the option won't even appear. If you try it as Sim A with Sim B it will work with no issues (that I've seen) but any other sim with the said trait still won't appear in the menu. Inviting them to cook will work but they seem to only be able to talk/give instructions or whatever. I've tried both on and off the grid.

I've already tried clearing the cache, updating, and repairing the game. I've tried without mods/cc. I've tried a separate household in the same save as well as a brand new save altogether. 

Message 1 of 4 (737 Views)

Re: Can't cook together with sims that have the Sulani Manna trait.

[ Edited ]

@FlamingSkull214  Do you mean the Child of the Islands or Child of the Ocean trait, or something else?  And yes, if you've confirmed this on a new save that has never seen mods or custom content, it would be worth creating a bug report.

The most rigorous of all would be to repair the game, then create the new save in a clean user folder that has never been exposed to mods or cc; you could point out that you'd done so in the bug report.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict No I mean the Sulani Mana trait, it's a hidden trait that the Sulani Elementals have and can be inherited if a sim has a child with one, which allows a sim to summon volcanic bombs and use the Gift of Sulani on plants.

I just tried repairing the game, clearing both the game and origin cache then starting a brand new folder without mods [and i didn't even use cheats just to be safe even though that probably was a tad overkill] and have still encountered this bug so i shall be submitting a bug report.

Message 3 of 4 (692 Views)

[ Edited ]

@FlamingSkull214  Got it.  In that case, I'll link the bug report and close this one so that other players post there.  It would probably help though if you described the trait in your bug report as you just did to me—it's possible some of the other players reading the post won't know what the trait is either.

If anyone else has the same issue, please use this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Unable-to-cook-together-with-Sims-who-have-the-Sulani-Mana-tra...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (671 Views)