Re: Can't control my sim...

by crinrict

Original Post

Can't control my sim...

★★★★★ Apprentice

I tried to create a new household with two sims I created on console. I moved the to their new home lot but once the game loads there is only one sim in the household. The on the sim is there but he is not part of the household. She can interact with him, but as soon as i go to manage household, CAS, or to save he disappears from the world entirely. I move him onto a lot by himself, the screenshot below is the result. I can't control him/interact with anything or anyone. I remove all CC and mods from the, game by the way.

Screenshot (12).png

Message 1 of 11 (1,108 Views)

Hero
@michelle_renee86 Does this only happen with this specific household ? If so, do you have it in the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,063 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I tested it out this morning adding six other households from the gallery that I created on console and it worked fine, I could switch to all sims in those households. So it seems to be that one household, the family is on the gallery under the name Tracy. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,048 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem! I just installed Sims, and at first I thought it might be a corrupted file that causes that specific SIM to not be playable but then even without cc it didn't work... 

Message 4 of 11 (1,015 Views)

Hero
@michelle_renee86 Apologies for not answering sooner.

I found a family in your library with 5 Sims and 2 pets (two children). Is that the one ? Which is the problem Sim for you ?

@mclarenf1997 Did you create the Sim from scratch or download ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (1,002 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I believe that's the household. I am having the problem with Brayden.

Message 6 of 11 (966 Views)

Hero
@michelle_renee86 Hm, didn't have an issue with any of those Sims.

Could you try after today's patch if you still have issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (963 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Its still happening. I enabled cheats and attempted to add him but there was no option for him. I could add other sims to the household but not him. Also her relationship with him was gone, like they had just met. I dressed him as well and he had hair in CAS but they disappear once the game has loaded after I move them onto a lot.

Message 8 of 11 (938 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@michelle_renee86 Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (909 Views)

Hero
@michelle_renee86 I tested your save and couldn't duplicate any oddity but I just helped a user in the German forum, that had the same weird UI glitch you have on your picture.

In that save it helped to load another household first, then load the faulty one.

They only had the issue on travelling though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (881 Views)