Re: Can't connect to internet using Sims 3 launcher, but I am able to connect wi

by KayleighxQuinn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't connect to internet using Sims 3 launcher, but I am able to connect with everything else.. Help?

★★★ Newbie

I just finished installing the Sims 3 supernatural and seasons on my Mac, but when I open up the launcher when I click on the seasons icon, it goes to the last Sims expansion pack I installed which is generations, and doesn't even say that either of the expansion packs I just installed are there and continues to tell me to insert the generations CD instead of the seasons CD. We have a router for the internet, so I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with the problem, the fact that the Sims 3 launcher won't even connect to the internet. I am no good with computers so please tell if there is anything else I can do. 

Anywhere else I go that doesn't have a router I can connect to the internet fine with the Sims 3 launcher on my Mac, but for some reason I can't with the router. 

Message 1 of 5 (4,696 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't connect to internet using Sims 3 launcher, but I am able to connect with everything else.. Help?

Community Manager

Hi alyssa0591,

Please try to update your game manually:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-47-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (4,858 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't connect to internet using Sims 3 launcher, but I am able to connect with everything else.. Help?

Community Manager

Hi alyssa0591,

Please try to update your game manually:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-47-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 5 (4,859 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the problem related above from last year.  I just downloaded the new expansion Paradise Island today.  I have the latest patch 1.55.  Iuse Windows7.  I have all the expansions and stuff packs.  I use custom content.  The last game I installed was Dragon Valley.  The game has worked great so far.  After downloading Paradise Island I get the "can't connect to the internet to authorize game ownership" error.  I have the dowloaded version from Origin.com.  I thought the serial code might not have been updated with Origin, so I went to the Sims3 website and tried to register the new expansion.  But the s/n is invalid/used/ etc.  If I uninstall Paradise Island, the game works fine again.  Any help would be appreciated.  I pre-ordered this expansion because I really want to play it!  I'm very disappointed that on my first day I can't get into the game with it!

Message 3 of 5 (4,375 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Can't connect to internet using Sims 3 launcher, but I am able to connect wi

★★★ Newbie

If anyone is still struggling with this..

i ended up with no internet connection on my sims launcher..

open internet explorer

go to tools

internet options

advanced

reset at the bottom of the window.

i dont know what the problem was but it returned all my features.

hope this helps anyone

Message 4 of 5 (3,044 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

OMG TY TY!!!! this actually fixed my problem immediately, idk what was wrong, why it suddenly wouldnt let my sims 3 launcher connect to the internet but your advice Kayleigh fixed it within 20 seconds, ty so much again Standard smile 

Message 5 of 5 (2,371 Views)