Can’t connect to EA Download Manager error?

by jelle619

Original Post

Can’t connect to EA Download Manager error?

★★★★ Novice
Hello there! I just installed The Sims 3 from disc and updated it to the latest version using the Super-Patcher, but Since then I have been getting errors about The Sims 3 not being able to connect to EA Download Manager.

I know that this to refers to Origin, which I do not have installed on my computer, since it’s not required when installing from disc and because I have had bad experiences with it. Is there a way to get rid of this message without installing Origin?
Message 1 of 2 (456 Views)

Re: Can’t connect to EA Download Manager error?

Hero (Retired)

@jelle619  All new installs of this game require the game be activated in Origin. If you installed the game from disc the game installs with the DRM of SecuROM and SafeDisc for DRM. Once you redeem the game in Origin the game will update to version 1.69 - there is no stand alone patch for version 1.69. At that time SecuRom and SafeDisc will be disabled and/or removed. You will no longer have an install limit and you will not be required to have a disc in the optical drive to play. Windows and OS X no longer supports SecuROM amd SafeDisc. You need to use Origin.

Message 2 of 2 (445 Views)