Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can't confirm game code

by MoonhunterZ

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can't confirm game code

★ Novice

Bought the Sims 3 basegame and a lot of expensions secondhand. I wasn't really hoping I could register them via Origin. But I tried and I can confirm the code of the basegame and then suddenly the code has already been used. I don't get it, because I can't see in my gaming library. 

Message 1 of 6 (712 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Can't confirm game code

@MoonhunterZ  If your codes have already been used, likely by the original owner, then there's nothing you can do to add the games to your Origin account.  Codes can't be transferred from one account to another, nor can they be removed once they've been registered.

Technically, you might be able to install the game via disc and leave Origin out of it entirely.  But if your base game disc requires you to use Origin to install, then you're unfortunately out of luck.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (696 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

@MoonhunterZ  If your codes have already been used, likely by the original owner, then there's nothing you can do to add the games to your Origin account.  Codes can't be transferred from one account to another, nor can they be removed once they've been registered.

Technically, you might be able to install the game via disc and leave Origin out of it entirely.  But if your base game disc requires you to use Origin to install, then you're unfortunately out of luck.

Message 2 of 6 (697 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Thank you! Guess it can't be helped!

Message 3 of 6 (692 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Hello!!

I've the same problem and I would like to buy more packs but I can't because I don't have the Sims 3 base game with a valuable code (previous owner register). If I buy it anyway, can I play on my computer the whole game with the packs I already have?

Thank you for your answer!
Message 4 of 6 (606 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@melusinebehr79  You can probably install any packs you already own via disc as long as you can also install the base game without using Origin.  Some very new discs require Origin to manage the install, but most do not.  If everything installs correctly from your discs though, you should be fine.

If you buy packs through Origin, you'll need a copy of the base game registered in Origin to be able to install those packs.  If you buy more discs, you'll likely be able to use them without trouble, again unless they're those few new discs that require Origin.  If you buy another copy of the base game through Origin, or you buy it from an authorized third party like Steam or Amazon and register it in Origin, then you can go ahead and buy more packs through Origin as well.

Message 5 of 6 (555 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict
Thanks a lot
Message 6 of 6 (298 Views)
Twitter Stream