Re: Can't confirm game code

by melusinebehr79

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Late Night code not registering

★★★ Newbie

Hey thanks for the suggestions - I had given them all a go and no luck, but maybe I'll try once more with online support! 

Message 30 of 194 (785 Views)

Problem with Expansion packs not showing on Origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

OK, I need help, please Standard smile

I have The Sims 3 with the following expansions :

Supernatural, Into the Future, World Adventures, Ambitions, Seasons, Showtime and Design and Hi-Tech Stuff al on Disc.

I installed them all manually and when I got to one of the discs (I can't remember which one sadly) I got a message that Origin had to be installed. As I already have an origin account this was no issue.

When I run the game from the Desktop shortcut all the expansions show up fine. However, if I use the Origin App it only shows that The Base game, Into the Future and World adventures is installed. This matches up with the games I have registered on the Sims 3 site that happens to be under a different user name than my Origin account but shares the same Email address.

Given that when I originally got the game Origin wasn't a thing I can only imagine that at some time in the past I must have synced up my Sims 3 and Origin accounts or that perhaps the email being the same did it automatically?

I have tried registering the other expansions both on The Sims 3 site and via the Origin App but on both I get a message saying that the Serial Code is invalid. I am not sure why they aren't registered to my Sims 3 account as I remember registering them when I bought them and know that I got various bonus points and items for doing so.

The only possibility I can think of is that some of my game inserts say to register at gb.thesims3.com and some say ea.onlineregister.com which according to my research no longer exists as I assume it was merged into the Origin Client.

Is there any way of getting new registration codes so that everything is neatly under the Origin App? I get the feeling that some of my issues with installing custom content might be down to the disparity between what I know I installed via disc and what Origin *thinks* I have installed. 

I get the feeling that however I launch the game Origin is immediately running in the background and nullifying the files I have on my HDD for the `missing` expansions.

Anyway, I hope someone can help Standard smile

[Edit - Image of Product Codes removed, please do not post those in future, thanks. - Admin.]

Message 31 of 194 (845 Views)

Re: Problem with Expansion packs not showing on Origin

[ Edited ]

Edit:  [Edit - Admin.]

@monkeydude39  Please repost your question, except without the attached image of your codes.  (You can just copy the entire text of the initial post, and I'll then move this reply to the new thread.)  Those codes shouldn't be posted on a public forum.

As for your question, it's definitely possible you registered your packs on a different account, especially if you were using the Sims 3 Store site.  The store and Origin share information, so adding the codes to your account in once place would make them read as used in the other.  You can contact EA customer support and ask that your two accounts be merged, if you can recall or recover the details of the other acccount.  Keep in mind that the account being merged will likely not transfer its owned store items.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 32 of 194 (835 Views)

can't register my copy on thesims3.com

★ Novice

hi, i bought my copy of sims 3 from a thrift store around late 2019. ever since, i've been unable to register on thesims3.com bc it keeps saying my code is invalid. what do i do?? i really wanna redeem my registration bonus.

Message 33 of 194 (837 Views)

Re: can't register my copy on thesims3.com

@primaryspace  It sounds like your CD key was already redeemed by its original owner.  Keys can only be used once, and they can't be removed from an account to allow them to be used elsewhere.  So there's no way  to use it yourself on the store site or on Origin, sorry.

Message 34 of 194 (814 Views)

Can't confirm game code

★★ Novice

Bought the Sims 3 basegame and a lot of expensions secondhand. I wasn't really hoping I could register them via Origin. But I tried and I can confirm the code of the basegame and then suddenly the code has already been used. I don't get it, because I can't see in my gaming library. 

Message 35 of 194 (1,497 Views)

@MoonhunterZ  If your codes have already been used, likely by the original owner, then there's nothing you can do to add the games to your Origin account.  Codes can't be transferred from one account to another, nor can they be removed once they've been registered.

Technically, you might be able to install the game via disc and leave Origin out of it entirely.  But if your base game disc requires you to use Origin to install, then you're unfortunately out of luck.

Message 36 of 194 (1,477 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! Guess it can't be helped!

Message 37 of 194 (1,473 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Hello!!

I've the same problem and I would like to buy more packs but I can't because I don't have the Sims 3 base game with a valuable code (previous owner register). If I buy it anyway, can I play on my computer the whole game with the packs I already have?

Thank you for your answer!
Message 38 of 194 (1,387 Views)

[ Edited ]

@melusinebehr79  You can probably install any packs you already own via disc as long as you can also install the base game without using Origin.  Some very new discs require Origin to manage the install, but most do not.  If everything installs correctly from your discs though, you should be fine.

If you buy packs through Origin, you'll need a copy of the base game registered in Origin to be able to install those packs.  If you buy more discs, you'll likely be able to use them without trouble, again unless they're those few new discs that require Origin.  If you buy another copy of the base game through Origin, or you buy it from an authorized third party like Steam or Amazon and register it in Origin, then you can go ahead and buy more packs through Origin as well.

Message 39 of 194 (1,336 Views)