Can't click on or select things on the far right side of screen

by kelly864

Original Post

Can't click on or select things on the far right side of screen

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansion packs and game packs and all the stuff packs except for luxury party, vintage glamour, spooky stuff and fitness stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try selecting things on the far right hand side of the screen, in my game the things/choices won’t load. Click on the household or lot on the far right side of the screen. In my game it doesn’t highlight the lot/household and give me an option to play it. Under clothing when choosing a new outfit for a sim in create a sim the clothing options don’t load properly, most often it’s the ones on the far right hand side of the screen. Also select the fridge and click open. Select a sim's pre-made meal, in my game sometimes the option to eat it doesn’t come up and the cursor won’t select it.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t select options on the far right side of the screen. I can’t select the lot or household in my sim world on the far right of the screen. Sometimes I can’t select food stored in the fridge for my sim to eat. And some clothes items won’t load in create a sim and I can’t select the clothes items on the far right hand side of the screen. The bug became worse after I installed seasons. .
What do you expect to see? I expect that i should be able to select all the clothing options and my sim should be able to open the fridge and I can select food for him/her to eat. I expect that I should be able to load households on the far right had side of the screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had custom content but I removed it all and disabled it and restarted the game and the bug was still there. It became worse after installing seasons. I never had the clothing/outfit part of the bug until seasons. 

Message 1 of 44 (20,302 Views)

Re: Can't click on or select things on the far right side of screen

Hero

Hi @kelly864

will probably move this to the tech forum for troubleshooting. Doesn't sound like an actual bug.

Have you tried repairing your game through Origin yet ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 44 (20,241 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is my computer Dxdiag file:

It says there are no problems with my computer.

Message 3 of 44 (20,223 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm pretty sure it's a game bug not my computer because I only have this problem in sims 4 not when I'm doing other things on the computer.  I do use mods so I guess one of the mods could have somehow corrupted the game. It's just the mods were removed and it still happened. Thanks for answering my question. 

Message 4 of 44 (20,217 Views)

Hero
Hi @kelly864

not saying it's not an issue with the game. Just saying it's more a technical issue than a bug.

Anyways, your graphics drivers are from 2015. Try updating those through the AMD page and see if it makes a difference.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 44 (20,185 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

@kelly864

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 44 (20,157 Views)

★ Novice

hey im having the same problem. did you ever fix it ??

Message 7 of 44 (20,054 Views)

Hero

@iDeeDaBoss

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 44 (20,041 Views)

★ Novice

It just started happening after I got seasons

Message 9 of 44 (20,015 Views)

Hero

Hi @iDeeDaBoss

your computer is a bit borderline for the game. CPU and RAM are minimal and the graphics chip is below minimum requirements.

Not sure if that has anything to do with the issue though.

Can you try playing in windowed mode and see if that works better ?

Also check for newer graphics drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 44 (20,003 Views)