Can't click on or select things on the far right side of screen

by kelly864

Original Post

Re: Can't click on or select things on the far right side of screen

★ Novice

This 100% solved my problem! I read your comment and remembered seeing a notification the same size and in the same part of the screen I was having issues with, everytime I closed the game.

This time when I booted the game, I hit the windows key to minimize the game then cleared the notification. Reentered the game and problem solved. 

Thank you so much for your insight.

Message 31 of 44 (888 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Was this ever resolved for you? Mine does this same thing. 

Message 32 of 44 (866 Views)

@mrshsmiles10  This is usually related to having notifications enabled in Windows.  Although you may not see the notification itself, your computer thinks you're clicking that and not the game.  Disable notifications while you're playing and see whether it helps.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 33 of 44 (837 Views)

★ Novice

I've been having this issue for 2 years with my game.  It works sometimes and other times it doesn't.  It is quite frustrating because my Sim needs to do homework and I can't drag it from the bookshelf into his inventory because my cursor won't select anything on the far right side. 

Message 34 of 44 (806 Views)

★ Novice

The only game or application I have this issue with is the Sims. 

Message 35 of 44 (808 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Jacquelinda1989 - did you try the suggestion from @puzzlezaddict to Disable Notifications?

If it's happening sometimes but not other times, there's probably a notification (underneath the game window) that is blocking what you're trying to do in the game. You can alt-tab to get to whatever is waiting for your input, and clear the message so your game will work properly.

Message 36 of 44 (785 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine game does the same thing and has been for a very long time. I got a new computer and started fresh... same problem. 

Message 37 of 44 (732 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I only have Parenthood and Cool kitchen and it does it for me too. It was doing it before I even got my expansions. I've tried debugging it and everything and nothing has seemed to work

Message 38 of 44 (695 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Karhitch

If you can't follow instructions from the link given above by BlackJackWidow
https://www.howtogeek.com/344496/how-to-disable-notifications-on-windows-10/
try to change the resolution of the screen in the game option. Try the highest first. You can also try to play in windowed mode. It can move your screen from the place where Windows displays these notifications.

I don't work for EA

Message 39 of 44 (689 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm only experiencing this bug myslef in 7 Days to Die. Your'e right, its an ingame bug. Restarting the computer bought me a couple days before the bug returned. Have you tried dad?

Message 40 of 44 (620 Views)