Re: Can't click on or select things on the far right side of screen

by Juicy6464

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Hey, for me the trouble loading clothes in create a sim did get better after one of the updates. And I noticed if i press the windows button to go out of the game/minimize the game and then go back into the game the sims 4 cursor goes back to the way it should be. Hope this helps you!

Message 11 of 44 (2,892 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I just put my game in windowed fullscreen & it worked for me! Thanks 👍🏽

Message 12 of 44 (2,786 Views)

★ Novice

Hello! The fix to this bug (if playing on windows) is to click on the windows button on your keyboard (without closing out of the game or map screen) and click on the game again to resume. its less a game bug more your pc is glitching out. i have this problem with other games where it trys to click on other programs opened behind the game. Hope this fixes your problem!

Message 13 of 44 (2,749 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey I dont know if this will help anyone now, but I have been having these problems for awhile now to, and I just fixed mine by turning all my graphics on low. I also turned my game to windowed fullscreen.

So like I went into graphics under the drop down window and just turned every setting to low and I dont have any of the boxes checked. I hope this helps 

Message 14 of 44 (2,713 Views)

★★ Novice

OK OK I KNOW HOW TO FIX IT I AM SO HAPPY I KNOW SO 

1. GO TO YOUR SETTINGS IN SIMS 

2. GO TO SCREEN CONTROLS

3.CLICK ON WINDOWS SCREEN

4.SAVE CHANGES IT SHOULD WORK AND YOUR SCREEN SHOULD BE BACK 

Message 15 of 44 (2,585 Views)

★ Novice

So I'm having the same issue with a portion of my screen not being able to click on on the right side of my screen. It only happens in my game and it only recently started. Ive tried repairing my game but nothing fixes it. 

Message 16 of 44 (2,475 Views)

★ Guide

Hi there @rcross9472 ,

You might want to make sure you have the latest GPU (graphics card) drivers, otherwise the game misbehaves. 

Additionally, if the above doesn't work, then try performing a clean boot before opening the game :3. It should help. 

- Guide here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Do let me know how it goes ^_^. 

Have a nice week ahead Cat

Message 17 of 44 (2,451 Views)

★★ Novice
@HarleyQuinn2922 I tried the clean boot, and was still unable to use the right side of the screen. Thanks to the new update, I can't even load my saved games. IS there anything else that might work?
Message 18 of 44 (2,135 Views)

★ Guide

Hello ^_^! 

I'm sad to hear clean boot didn't work for you Frown

By any chance, do you have mods/custom content added or do you have the base game and its own DLCs? :3 

Message 19 of 44 (2,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Rocket_TiaI’m having the same problem. A few months ago it started off with not being able to choose different swatches...now I can’t click on the load games on the new home screen. I can either use the big play button or new game. Which means I can’t play my other saves. I’m regretting updating at all now.

ETA: I tried the full screen window option and I was able to use the load games selection. I checked the swatches and it seems I can now select any that I want my sim to wear. Now I’ll check and see if the homes I couldn’t click on the far right are now accessible. But so far so good. 

Message 20 of 44 (2,112 Views)