Can't click on or select things on parts of the screen

by CrystalRenee030

Original Post

Can't click on or select things on parts of the screen

★★ Novice

It use to do it but I would just click the windows button then go back to sims. Now it doesnt work. I sttill cannot click things on the screen. The curser is not the sims curser in that spot that i cannot click in.

Message 1 of 3 (193 Views)

Dot.: Can't click on or select things on parts of the screen

Hero (Retired)
@CrystalRenee030

1. Check your settings if you have MouseTrails on and if you do, turn them off. As an alternative, change to windowed or full windowed mode

2. This also can be related to having notifications enabled in Windows. Although you may not see the notification itself, your computer thinks you're clicking that and not the game. Disable notifications while you're playing and see whether it helps.
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/turn-off-windows-10s-pushy-edge-notifications/
You can also try to change resolution settings in the game options - try the highers first, or try to play the game in windowed mode to move this part of the screen from the place of displayed notifications

3. Turn off Origin in-game
Origin/My games library - right-click on the cover of TS4 choose Game Properties, you can disable Origin in Game for that

4. If all these three ways don't help, go to Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 4 and find the Options file - the one with a toothed wheel. Delete this file. The game will create a new one when turned on. However, if you changed something in the game options you have to set it again

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 3 (169 Views)

Dot.: Can't click on or select things on parts of the screen

★★★★ Novice
@kreatora Thank you!! I had this problem and changing my game to Windowed Fullscreen mode solved it for me! I appreciate it Standard smile
Message 3 of 3 (132 Views)