Can’t click on certain things sims 3

by starsimz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t click on certain things sims 3

★★★ Novice

HELP!!! I can’t click on my sim and can only select certain things. It’s only with 1 sim. I’ve tried removing all my mods and it wasn’t the problem. Ive had this issue since I added that sims to my household from cheats.

Message 1 of 12 (3,240 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t click on certain things sims 3

@starsimz  If you're willing, add NRaas ErrorTrap, Overwatch, and MasterController.  (Be sure to get the version of ErrorTrap that matches your install, for example the one for Origin/Windows installs is different than the one for disc installs.  The others work equally well on all fully updated games.)  Delete scriptCache.package from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

Load the game, let the clock run for a few sim-minutes, click on the borked sim, select NRaas > MasterController > Advanced > ResetSim, and the sim will be rebuilt using current data.  Use "save as" to rename the save (so you have the original as a backup), quit, and delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 folder:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Reload and see whether the sim works normally.

If this doesn't help, or you don't want to add more mods, evict the affected sim through Edit Town and place them somewhere else, even an empty lot is fine.  Then "save as," quit, delete the cache files, reload, and add the sim back into the household, this time the normal way, as in, talk to them and "Ask to Move In."  Or if you end up adding MasterController, you can use it to add the sim to the household.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (3,182 Views)

All Replies

@starsimz  It sounds like the sim is corrupted to some extent.  What was this sim originally, and where and when did you add them?

Please let me know what mods you normally use: some of them may be able to help with this situation, depending on how broken the sim is.  And also let me know whether you have any backup versions of this save from before you added the sim to the household.

Message 2 of 12 (3,210 Views)

★★★ Novice

I created this sims a couple days ago in sunset valley. I use the NRass woohoo mod, career mod, and story progression. I also use the rug mod to be able to have a sim go to university from their hometown.

Message 3 of 12 (3,206 Views)

★★★ Novice

And I’ve tried using the back up saves and I even started a whole new save and used the original sims before it got corrupted. It still has problems.

Message 4 of 12 (3,201 Views)

@starsimz  You said you added sims to the household via cheats.  What exactly did you do, as in, which sims were added, and were your sims still in Sunset Valley?

Message 5 of 12 (3,194 Views)

★★★ Novice

The sim I added is the one that’s not working right. I used testingcheats and shift clicked the sim and u can add them from that. I made him and his family with my current household together but split them up earlier in the game. I invited him over then added him back via cheats and that’s when the problem started.

Message 6 of 12 (3,191 Views)

@starsimz  If you're willing, add NRaas ErrorTrap, Overwatch, and MasterController.  (Be sure to get the version of ErrorTrap that matches your install, for example the one for Origin/Windows installs is different than the one for disc installs.  The others work equally well on all fully updated games.)  Delete scriptCache.package from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

Load the game, let the clock run for a few sim-minutes, click on the borked sim, select NRaas > MasterController > Advanced > ResetSim, and the sim will be rebuilt using current data.  Use "save as" to rename the save (so you have the original as a backup), quit, and delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 folder:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Reload and see whether the sim works normally.

If this doesn't help, or you don't want to add more mods, evict the affected sim through Edit Town and place them somewhere else, even an empty lot is fine.  Then "save as," quit, delete the cache files, reload, and add the sim back into the household, this time the normal way, as in, talk to them and "Ask to Move In."  Or if you end up adding MasterController, you can use it to add the sim to the household.

Message 7 of 12 (3,183 Views)

★★★ Novice

The first one helped thank you so much! One last thing, do I have to keep those mods you told me to get in my game or can I get rid of them?

Message 8 of 12 (3,166 Views)

@starsimz  You can remove them if you want, but I'd keep them.  In fact, I personally never play without them.  They're specifically designed to prevent problems like this and other types of game corruption, and ErrorTrap and Overwatch do their work on their own, without any need for player input.  MasterController doesn't do anything unless you issue a command.

Point is, if you're interested in keeping your saves healthy and as free of errors as possible, these mods are the best way to accomplish that.  But deleting them won't break your save, it'll just remove a helpful resource.

Message 9 of 12 (3,160 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok thanks, I was going to get rid of them so it doesn’t slow down my game but my game seems to be running fine with them.

Message 10 of 12 (3,156 Views)