Can't click on anything in the main menu, the game will crash!

by Nety191

Original Post

Can't click on anything in the main menu, the game will crash!

★★ Novice

Hi, so I recently got a taste to play The Sims 4, so I wanted to start the game. When I start the game, I got into the main menu, but when I try to click on the play button, or anything else, the game just crashed. So I tried to do the "fake" reinstallation, when I just took The sims 4 folder from /:C and try to start the game again. Nothing happened. So then I tried to repair the game, like 5 times, nothing change. Then I was so desperate that I decided that I try to uninstall the game. No change. Then I even reinstall Origin. But nothing happened!! I spend like 3 hours on the chat with 4 EA helpers and they couldn't help me, please I need help. And before anyone asks, I also clear the Origin cache and yes, I used the CCleaner.

Few facts:

1. I'm playing on PC.

2. Yes, I used the mods, but even though I took them out, nothing change.

3. The game was completely playable before. I've got this problem 3 days ago.

Here's the link, where is a video, where I'm showing what is happening:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mlxY5kzVAcB8umj-ZNXxPfHXnWnSfiPX/view?usp=sharing

Message 1 of 11 (627 Views)

Re: Can't click on anything in the main menu, the game will crash!

★★★ Novice

Have the same issue since update. No mods, just the basic game. I've reinstalled, repaired, deleted origin cache, deleted all sims 4 folders, scanned drives for errors, and repaired redistributables. Game crashes whether installed on my C, D or E drive. Windows and GPU drivers are up to date. All of my other Origin and Steam games have no issues.

Do you happen to have a similar error below from Event Viewer?

Faulting application name: TS4_x64.exe, version: 1.55.105.1020, time stamp: 0x5d5b49e5
Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 10.0.18362.329, time stamp: 0x1ac9a115
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ac44e
Faulting process id: 0x1c78
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5659f8ae6a847
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll
Report Id: 7430f1be-bd67-49cb-b21f-aae1caca3913
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Message 2 of 11 (602 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Nety191 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 11 (599 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@shiaLaboot 

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 11 (598 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen  Attached dxdiag file.

Message 5 of 11 (595 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen yes, I know that the game doesn't like the mods, so I put them out in the 1st place.
Message 6 of 11 (578 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Nety191 

Please follow the exact steps posted.

Message 7 of 11 (575 Views)

★★ Novice

Also, I added the last crash information, if anyone understands that. And I reinstall the game many times so the folders are nice and clean.

Message 8 of 11 (568 Views)

★★ Novice

So I'm sorry but I can't add the crash information.

Message 9 of 11 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@shiaLaboot  @Nety191 

You have some crashes with your Graphics Driver. Please uninstall the NVidia drivers completely using DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
Please read the instructions carefully. Then download and install the latest drivers from NVidia.

Message 10 of 11 (564 Views)