Can't click on anything in a certain area of the game screen - internal bug?

by KittyKat3252

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't click on anything in a certain area of the game screen - internal bug?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Standard Edition
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own every Sims 4 pack there is. Yes, I spent a silly amount of money to own every pack for the Sims 4 that was released and I don't regret it one bit, hehe...
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't hover over any icons or click them such as the boxes for hair, clothes, makeup, etc in CAS in a certain area of the screen or the: "Load Game" Button now as of the main screen getting re-branded as it's now in the dead zone for me.
What do you expect to see? I see a dead section of the Sims 4 screen in-game and anything inside, can't be hovered over or selected (clicked on) and I know it's not my computer as I can click on that area of the screen outside the Sims 4, but when I'm inside the Sims 4, it's a dead patch. I have contacted EA HELP multiple times and removed all mods, cleared the Origin and Sims 4 Cache and hit "fix" on the game and even reinstalled the Sims 4 like it was brand new and reinstalled Origin as per their instructions. It hasn't worked for months the game and one of the EA Help Tech Support people, recommended posting on the forums for help so the devs or someone see it? And they think it is an internal reoccurring bug.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. One of the free updates after Strangerville was released and before Island Paradise came out.

I can't hover over any icons or click them such as the boxes for hair, clothes, makeup, etc in CAS in a certain area of the screen or the: "Load Game" Button now. I see a dead section of the Sims 4 screen in-game and anything inside, can't be hovered over or selected (clicked on) and I know it's not my computer as I can click on that area of the screen outside the Sims 4, but when I'm inside the Sims 4, it's a dead patch. I have contacted EA HELP multiple times and removed all mods, cleared the Origin and Sims 4 Cache and hit "fix" on the game and even reinstalled the Sims 4 like it was brand new and reinstalled Origin as per their instructions. It hasn't worked on months and one of the EA Help Tech Support people, recommended posting on the forums for help and they think it an internal reoccurring bug.

Message 1 of 5 (2,461 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't click on anything in a certain area of the game screen - internal bug?

Message 4 of 5 (2,415 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't click on anything in a certain area of the game screen - internal bug?

Hero (Retired)
@KittyKat3252

Try to play in windowed mode, but if it will not work try to change the resolution of the screen

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (2,433 Views)

★★ Novice

I'll try it out, but I'm not sure if it will help. I'll let you know.

Message 3 of 5 (2,426 Views)

Message 4 of 5 (2,416 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@kreatoraI fixed my game, thank you!!! This problem has been driving me crazy for months and I think I racked up something like 12 support tickets with EA. I officially of the opinion that Tech Support is useless!

Message 5 of 5 (2,397 Views)