Re: Can't click on any gates

by HippieWiccan13

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I managed to fix the "can't click on sims" thing.  I found an old mod (that I have had forever) that seemed to be the problem because I deleted it and now they are ok.  I still cannot click on any gates.

Message 11 of 16 (1,002 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think I found a solution to the gate issue!!!  I am copying and pasting this, as written, from the original source...

However, after enabling testingcheats, and while in Build/Buy mode, and by holding CTRL+Shift and left-clicking on the gate, the option for 'Lock' was available. So I selected that. I also selected 'enable for triggers' or something similar, and then activated that, I was able to set the gate as 'front gate' in Live Mode. From there I could designate who could pass through the gate.

This worked for me!

Something else I noticed: If the gate is not on a closed fence (ie a box or the gate touching the house on both ends) it won't allow you to lock it!

Message 12 of 16 (998 Views)

EA app Team

I'm glad to read that @HippieWiccan13! Thanks for sharing what worked for you with the community, it might help @Suabam if they are still having this issue Standard smile

Enjoy the game! Wink

-Mai

Message 13 of 16 (985 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've figured out how you can fix this. This is apparently happening because the gate is not attached to an enclosed fence. If you add a gate to a closed fence (meaning that all four sides of the area is enclosed with fence) then the gate should work. It will not work if the fence is incomplete. I hope this helps!

Message 14 of 16 (931 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @Teetee1282,

Didn't think about fences, thanks for sharing your solution! Standard smile

-Mai
Message 15 of 16 (920 Views)

★ Novice
I just had this happen to me for the first time. The fence has to be complete, meaning there can be no gaps.
Message 16 of 16 (539 Views)