Re: Can't clean up pet hair

by Willonne

Original Post

Can't clean up pet hair

★ Guide

My sim family had a dog that had a hair problem. My child sim is in scouts and I wanted him to pick up the pet hair to see if it would go towards one of his badges. He couldn't pick it up at all. There was no option for it. Then he aged up to teen and I tried again. I got a message that said that a garbage bin is needed to complete that task. I had two: One outside and one inside. Still nothing. I then put all of the garbage bins in buy mode onto the property. Still nothing.

Message 1 of 7 (2,830 Views)

Hero
Hi @simgirl542

do you have this issue for your other Sims as well or just the child/teen Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,786 Views)

★ Guide

I had an issue with an adult sim one time, but I was able to fix that one pretty easily. I'm only playing one family in a new save game that I started two days ago.
For the teen sim, I was able to get him to pick up the pet hair after I had him clean throw away dog droppings.
I was hoping that it would help with the civic responsibility badge, but it didn't. 
The robot vacuum doesn't pick up the pet hair at all. I have the vacuum upgraded all the way.

Message 3 of 7 (2,741 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have this issue as well, the hand will appear for children to pick up hair but the option to when you try to click doesn't actually show up. Also noticing that the robot vaccuum doesn't pick hair up either, not sure if it ever did but I think it should regardless.

Message 4 of 7 (2,677 Views)

Hero

Hi @Willonne

any mods in your game ?

Does it work for teens and adults ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (2,667 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I've removed my mods, so no. But its just kids having the issue, the adults can remove hair just fine!

Message 6 of 7 (2,646 Views)

Hero
There might be some kind of issue then.

Could you create a thread in the bug forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs ?

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (2,630 Views)