Re: Can't change lot type from Community

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't change lot type from Community

★★ Apprentice

Two issues for me exist. First, there is no community board. Not in Debug mode either. I did download from @crinrict the room in the gallery with the Community Board. 

The second issue, and the most annoying, is I can not change from Community Space Active to any of the other types of Community lots (Garden, MarketPlace, or Maker Space) I've uploaded a pic so you can see what I mean.

I've done the following to try and fix the issue.

1. Remove any CC

2. Repaired Game (No CC involved)

3. Made a clean Sims 4 Folder in Documents (without any CC)

4. Restarted my Computer.

Nothing so far has worked.

I'm at my wit's end! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Message 1 of 11 (1,883 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@Genaeve Ok. To be totally sure:

You can't change the sub lot type while in build mode or can you not make it the active one while you play ?

To make it active in the game you need to vote for another space to be active but as they are showing incomplete in your picture, you need to make them complete first in build mode.

So basically this is how it works:

1. Place a community space in Build mode (which you did)
2. Click on all the sub types and make sure they are all complete
3. Change into live mode and have your Sim vote on the community board.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (1,781 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Genaeve What happens if you click on the other spaces ? Does it not change or can you not click ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,850 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hihi!

Thank you, @crinrict 

That is correct, I can click on the other spaces, but the active setting does not change. I'm not sure if this is User Error or it's a bug. (No, of course, I'm not ruling out User Error!) 

Message 3 of 11 (1,836 Views)

Hero
@Genaeve Could you test on a new save that never had any cc/mods in to see if the same happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,823 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Hihi! 

It does the same thing as before. I can click on it, but it will not change the active from Community Space to Community Garden.  It does give Community Garden the Green background but does not say active. Again, not sure if this is a bug somehow or me experiencing User Error. 

(Sorry It is taking so long to respond, I'm cleaning out my garage irl!)

Message 5 of 11 (1,806 Views)

Hero
@Genaeve Ok. To be totally sure:

You can't change the sub lot type while in build mode or can you not make it the active one while you play ?

To make it active in the game you need to vote for another space to be active but as they are showing incomplete in your picture, you need to make them complete first in build mode.

So basically this is how it works:

1. Place a community space in Build mode (which you did)
2. Click on all the sub types and make sure they are all complete
3. Change into live mode and have your Sim vote on the community board.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,782 Views)

★★ Apprentice

OMG

I didn't realize that last part. I am going to go try that now.

Message 7 of 11 (1,766 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict 

I would like to thank you for your patience. Please, accept my apologies. I did not understand how it worked earlier. I do now. I feel completely embarrassed. 

-Genaeve

Message 8 of 11 (1,760 Views)

Hero
@Genaeve No worries. I kinda didn't understand what your issue was either so we were just dodging around the problem

Glad you solved it now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (1,734 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue but thanks to earlier replies, I now understand that I need to vote on the spaces in the community lot.  So created in build mode, added all requirements and a community board, changed to live mode and sent my sim down to vote.  When I click on the community board, my sim does not have the option to vote. The message says I can only vote in my own neighbourhood.  This build is in Windenburg and the sim lives in Windenburg?  Am I missing something?

Message 10 of 11 (1,536 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help