Can't buy Simpoints.

by Baroness01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't buy Simpoints.

★★ Novice

Hi,

I've been trying to purchase SimPoints for TS3. I have all of the expansions and most of the stuff packs but every time I click the buy button, the Origins Store says that I need the Sims 3 Starter Pack to purchase the Simpoints...

How do I buy sim points if the Store won't let me?

Message 1 of 12 (3,936 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't buy Simpoints.

★★ Novice

Thank you Robert. I think I've fixed the problem myself as I can now purchase simpoints. I believe it was my ad blocker messing things up. Once I turned that off the purchase went through as normal.

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (4,419 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Baroness01 Is your computer a pc or mac? Did your register the base game in thesims3.com? Does the base game show as owned in thesims3.com my page? The site seems to be partially down at the moment. EA is aware of the issue and they are working on it.

Message 2 of 12 (3,913 Views)

★★ Novice

It's PC and yes it's registered and shows up in my Origin account and at thesims3.com.

Message 3 of 12 (3,904 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Baroness01 Last night the site seemed to be partially down for some reason. There have been known issues with the store and EA has been hopefully working on them. Is your installation a normal - did you relocate any files? Did you try to buy oints through Origin?

Message 4 of 12 (3,897 Views)

★★ Novice

No I haven't moved any files. I've tried to buy sim points through thesims3.com and through Origin. Every time the transaction doesn't go through and says I need the the sims 3 starter pack. Frown  

I could buy points via mobile phone on thesims3.com site but I'm not doing that. Not the same offer and I don't want any extra bills to the phone.

Message 5 of 12 (3,886 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Baroness01 My contact wants you to contact EA customer service as they feel something is not right in your account and if so they can correct the issue. They tried it on an account w/o the sims 3 and got the same message but the purchase did complete. That is a far as it can go from this end now it's time to get support to check your account which we can't do here.

Message 6 of 12 (3,873 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you Robert. I think I've fixed the problem myself as I can now purchase simpoints. I believe it was my ad blocker messing things up. Once I turned that off the purchase went through as normal.

Message 7 of 12 (4,420 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Baroness01 Thank you for posting your solution. It's good to know for the next person.

Message 8 of 12 (3,859 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there another name for the Ad blocker? 

How do I change those settings?

Thank you

Message 9 of 12 (3,791 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried disabling ad blocker and it still didn't work Frown anyone have any other suggestions?

Message 10 of 12 (3,680 Views)