Re: Can't activate my mods after new update.

by sterobeuk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't activate my mods after new update.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just lauch the game with mods/cc.
What happens when the bug occurs? Since today update, each time I load my game, my mods are disabled. I reactivate them, apply the changes, reload the game and I still have the message that my mods have been disabled. Over and over.
What do you expect to see? To be able to activate my mods to play with them as usual.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated my game with the new hispanic update.

Please let me play with my cc and mods !

Message 2 of 48 (57,537 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I found how to fix this after an hour of repairing my game.

Repairing the game did not the trick. But I realized that the GameVersion file in my Documents folder were not the same as the real game version.

If you have the same problem, check in Documents>ElectronicArts>TheSims4 et find the GameVersion file. Open it, and see what number is written.

Open you game. Check at the bottom of the home page of your game. If the game versions are different, change the one in the file you opened just before for it to match the one written in your game. Worked for me.

View in thread

Message 4 of 48 (57,458 Views)

All Replies

Since Sims 4 update Mods will not load?

★★★★ Novice

Without my mods I can np longer play Sims 4.  The latest update ALWAYS disables the MODS. Restarting makes NO difference. Really upset as without my few mods, I can no longer play Sims 4.?

Message 1 of 48 (57,143 Views)

Re: Since Sims 4 update Mods will not load?

@Lionhart127  Are script mods still enabled in settings?  Sometimes the change to reenable them doesn't stick.  In that case, the fix is to delete options.ini (in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) and let the game generate a new one.  You'll need to redo all your in-game settings, but hopefully the mod setting will stick this time around.

If mods are enabled but not showing up, your particular mods might be outdated and incompatible with the current patch.  In that case, check with the creators to see whether there are updated versions, and replace whatever you can.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 48 (57,131 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I found how to fix this after an hour of repairing my game.

Repairing the game did not the trick. But I realized that the GameVersion file in my Documents folder were not the same as the real game version.

If you have the same problem, check in Documents>ElectronicArts>TheSims4 et find the GameVersion file. Open it, and see what number is written.

Open you game. Check at the bottom of the home page of your game. If the game versions are different, change the one in the file you opened just before for it to match the one written in your game. Worked for me.

Message 4 of 48 (57,459 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can confirm that your fix worked for me. Thank you, I was really looking forward to playing as I just started a new lot and the Hispanic Heritage items will really fit in.

Message 5 of 48 (57,452 Views)

Mods are always disabled since update?

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, Get Together. Moschino Stuff, Laundry Day, Outdoor Retreat, Spooky Stuff, Kitchen Stuff, and Romantic Garden.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know?
What happens when the bug occurs? The mods are ALWAYS showing as disabled, even after ticking mods in game settings and re-starting. This has ONLY happened since last update!
What do you expect to see? After ticking mods and re-starting Sims4, I expect to see the mods ENABLED!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest update 1.67.45.1020. Before this update there was no problem?

I am really upset by this.  Some mods were created myself. My account Avatar has a mod, long blond hair!  I am sick to death of patches and updates upsetting game settings.  Not just Sims4, but other games, sims and apps. If this can not be fixed I will NOT be playing Sims4 anymore, and will NOT entertain buying any Origin/EA games again!!!

Message 6 of 48 (57,171 Views)

Re: Mods are always disabled since update?

Hero
@Lionhart127 Try deleting the options.ini file. You then need to reset all options to what you had them (as that resets everything to default) but usually changes stick after doing that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 48 (57,164 Views)

CC Not Showing up after update but it says it's already enabled

★★★ Newbie

So basically, The Sims 4 would do the start up screen and then just be white, and it wouldn't let me exit it without restarting my entire computer. But, I fixed that and recently I've started downloading CC. Buuuut when I go into the game and go into CAS none of the CC is there, and it said that CC and script mods where already enabled when I went to go do it, I even un-enabled it and re-enabled it and exited my game. It seems like nothings working and it's stressing me out- Right now I'm trying to repair the game but I'm probably just messing it up more, I've tried fixing it for about an hour now and I've just lost hope :/

Message 8 of 48 (57,181 Views)

Re: CC Not Showing up after update but it says it's already enabled

★ Novice

Same thing happen to me too. When I enabled my mods it doesnt work. Then I would go back into the game with the same setting. I even try deleting the option in my sims 4 folder yet it still didn't work. It may be EA its self. 

Message 9 of 48 (57,152 Views)

SIMS 4 CC

★ Novice

I have recently updated my game of sims 4. All my saves are still there and so are my preferred settings. However, everytime I start the game It tells me to re-enable my mods. I have done this multiple times and repaired the game. I can play any of my saves but CC and mods will just simply not be there

Message 10 of 48 (57,129 Views)