Re: Gallery takes forever to load

by kreatora

Original Post

Can't access gallery?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone! For the past few weeks, I haven't been able to access the Gallery. It never fully loads in-game, red "x"s show up on everything and thus, I'm unable to download anything. At first I thought it might be a problem with my game, so I did a full factory reset, took out all of my mods and CC and everything, but the problem persisted. I can't access the Gallery through my browser, either. Things only seem to fully load on my phone. Any ideas?

By the way, all the thumbnails in my Tray files show up correctly, it's just the online content that I'm unable to access.

Message 1 of 6 (2,676 Views)

Gallery takes forever to load

★★★★★ Novice

I've been having this problem since August. The gallery takes forever to load and is basically unusable since I can't download anything. Never had this problem before. I tried resetting my game back to factory settings, updated my graphics card drivers and disabled Origin in-game, but nothing worked. My internet connection isn't slow, either. I need the Gallery to download lots. Can someone please help me? I'm getting a bit desperate here. Haven't even played the game since then. It's disheartening. Devil

Message 2 of 6 (2,663 Views)

Re: Gallery takes forever to load

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@uncreativeirene

Just to check - rename please your Tray folder to Tray1 and let the game create a new empty one.
It is mandatory to delete all folders with the word cache in the name if you are often in the Gallery. You have to do it once a week at least. The game will recreate them.
Check if you still have these problems with an empty library. Maybe the reason is that you have some bugged objects in your library.
You will recover the old library when you throw away the new Tray folder and restore the old name to the previous one

I don't work for EA

Message 3 of 6 (2,645 Views)

Re: Can't access gallery?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@uncreativeirene   A couple of things to try:

Delete the localthumbcache.package in your The Sims 4 folder  (always do this when troubleshooting; I delete it every time I quit my play session). Deleting the cache is necessary after removing mods and CC. 

Removing your mod folder is not the same as doing a full factory reset. Here is how to do a factory reset:
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Clear your browser cache

EA tips if you have connectivity issues:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-community-gallery-won-t-connect/m-p/6888102/hig...

Message 4 of 6 (2,636 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem until I went through all of my settings and connected my controller to my xbox/ea account. Seems to work just fine now

Message 5 of 6 (838 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Jemieyez, thanks for sharing what helped out in your case!

This thread is a few years old so I'll be locking it here to avoid further necroposting, please keep an eye on the dates when replying to a topic.

If you run into any other trouble feel free to start a new thread, thanks! 

Mako.png
Message 6 of 6 (790 Views)