Re: Can't access anything other then create a sim

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Can't access anything other then create a sim

★★★ Newbie

I am unable to access anything other than create a sim. 

When I first launch the sims 4 I am taken to a main screen that only has the play button which takes me to the create a sim page. After I have created a family I am then taken to the world map selection of the 4 different towns which I can select and move into, after I have built/decorated and played for awhile if I then save and exit, I am then never able to play that household (or any household) again. When I return to the game, again I am only taken to the create a sim page and cannot go to any other menu. The options are greyed out "unable to manage world in this mode" and I can't select exit to main menu either. I am so frustrated. 

I have searched and searched with no information about this. 
Any help would be appreciated ++ 

Message 1 of 4 (293 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It sounds like you are selecting New Game instead of the Continue button. Do you see your save games when you click Load Game

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (282 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is no new game button or a continue button, just the big play button... Frown 

Message 3 of 4 (274 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This happens when you create a household but do not actually place them in the world. You can in CAS import the family you created earlier from your library and then place them in the world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (268 Views)