by HannahBerry10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Tinker or Buy Parts

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs and a few of the game packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No sure
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't tinker on any items to get parts nor can i buy ANY upgrade parts on phone or pc
What do you expect to see? More ways to get upgrade parts
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi

I don't normally play with upgrade parts/handiness so I'm not sure if this has been effected by Get Famous but I can't 'Tinker' on any objects and I can't buy and upgrade parts anywhere so I'm finding it SUPER hard to upgrade the objects that came with get Famous.

Message 1 of 13 (1,154 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Tinker or Buy Parts

★ Apprentice
Oddly enough I put back in my old files and now I can buy parts? How odd

View in thread

Message 9 of 13 (1,080 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Does the option not appear on the phone or do you just not get them ? Did you try a fresh save with no cc/mods added to see if it works there ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,143 Views)

★ Apprentice

The household I am playing on is new and has no CC or mods. There is no option to buy them. I can 'Purchase gifts' and that's it, but there are none there either.

Message 3 of 13 (1,139 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,134 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello

I have completly started afresh now like you said. However even with everything new I still canot purchase parts. I've attached a photo with what the options are on a pc.

Message 5 of 13 (1,105 Views)

Hero

I'm a bit unsure about the tinker part as I can't remember seeing that either but I have no issues buying parts.

It's like the more thing is missing on yours.

Have you tried different computer models ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (1,096 Views)

★ Apprentice
I wasn't sure on the Tinker part either, I'm just sure I read I should be able to do that somewhere, but maybe I'm wrong?
Yes I've used different pc models
Message 7 of 13 (1,090 Views)

Hero
There's this ongoing issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Cannot-Order-through-the-computer/td-p/5708993

Don't know what's causing it.

I'll try find out about the tinker but for order, could you post in the other thread for now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (1,084 Views)

★ Apprentice
Oddly enough I put back in my old files and now I can buy parts? How odd
Message 9 of 13 (1,081 Views)

Hero
That is odd .. but if you look at the other thread .. it's an odd issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (1,071 Views)