Re: Can´t Start Sims4 [ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51]

by bluepixiestix

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

not that simple!

Thanks for your questions, I have retraced my steps, beginning with another massive system clean up, i found lots of broken links in the registry, i suspect there was something nasty in a sims4 custom content download, it never showed as a virus, but something left a trail of mess, I then went in and used a windows 7 checking tool, and cleaned everything.

I then set up anther admin account, and sure enough, sims 4 worked on that user account !

I will never know why i needed to set up another admin, why the first tries never worked, why it is needed at all, clearly a windows error, nothing to do with origin,nor the game.

E.A's outsourcing of support peeps that are inadequately trained is an eternal disappointment. 

its not support's fault, they just are not up to the job.

i hope anyone who has this issue will do the following,

check your sims 4 shared free content thoroughly before opening those zip files.

clean your system

be sure to have your user name and password written down somewhere before you go making a new admin account, as you will need to jump between the two.

make a new admin account.

Thanks Crinrict for your ongoing interest and assistance.

Message 11 of 35 (7,993 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I had to create a new user account on my pc just to run sims 4.

hence its not really a fix as such,

the tech support had no ideas.

if anyone finds out what the issue is,

please share.

meanwhile, sims and i are taking a break,

this last issue seriously strained our relationship.

we currently arent talking,

EA tech knew less than i.

Message 12 of 35 (7,926 Views)

★★ Pro

@sallybear11

I saw your other post about this and ran to my bag of tips and wanted to ask if you've tried any of these things to see if they help:

Turning off or disable Game DVR and Game Bar, as it's known to cause issues.

Turn off or disable Game bar in Windows 10
https://www.howtogeek.com/273180/how-to-disable-windows-10s-game-dvr-and-game-bar/

How to Disable Windows 10’s Game DVR (and Game Bar)
https://www.howtogeek.com/273180/how-to-disable-windows-10s-game-dvr-and-game-bar/

Try running Ccleaner and it's registry cleaner (Standard Edition is Free)
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

This helps clean up temporary files, internet cache and other files that are no longer being used by the computer.

How to use CCleaner to fix PC issues
http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/
-
http://www.wikihow.com/Use-CCleaner

Message 13 of 35 (7,920 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
thanks for looking, im running windows 7, i use cc cleaner and use it daily. this error, must be in permissions somewhere, as ive levelled up past all the E.A tech advisers now, just trying to fix it, and still have not isolated the cause.
thanks again for your advice.
Message 14 of 35 (7,911 Views)

★★ Pro

Thank you for your reply. I religiously use Ccleaner as well. I was hoping Ccleaner would help. Thank you for noting what you've tried.

Message 15 of 35 (7,907 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

your welcome, in the years ive been coming here, asking other players for help, i always felt better when we all shared our experiences, good or bad.

we really are a nice bunch of peeps on here.

kind regards.

Message 16 of 35 (7,891 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Feb 9 2019. Brand new purchase & first time install of Origin and The Sims4. Windows 10

The common theme in this topic is that Windows is denying the game to run. It seems the problem is Windows Permissions.
The error message says that the game is already running, that is false, the problem is the game is missing permission to run. After experience with Sims2 + Sims3, this is EXACTLY the kind of mistake Electronic Arts has made before.

Every person may experience a slightly different solution than this. Because the problem is permissions, everyone's security settings maybe different. Here is the solution that worked for me:
1 Windows Security Centre
2 goto "allow an app through Controlled folder access"
- from Security Centre, open Virus & Threat Protection, open Ransomware Protection, click Allow An App.
- or from the search bar you can type "allowed apps" and it should get you there.
3 click the + sign to Add An Allowed App
4 navigate to your file folder with "Origin.exe" and add that. (IE: C:\Games\Origin\)
4 navigate to your file folder with "TS4_x64.exe" and add that. (IE: C:\Games\Origin\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\)
5 close the Origin lancher app, including from TaskManager, to make sure its not still in the background.
6 Run: TS4_x64.exe  (or however you normally run the game)

Hope this helps someone.
Even if your steps are different on your computer, the idea is Windows Security is the problem.
Good Luck

Message 17 of 35 (7,591 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Feb 9 2019. Brand new purchase & first time install of Origin and The Sims4. Windows 10

The common theme in this topic is that Windows is denying the game to run. It seems the problem is Windows Permissions.
The error message says that the game is already running, that is false, the problem is the game is missing permission to run. After experience with Sims2 + Sims3, this is EXACTLY the kind of mistake Electronic Arts has made before.

Every person may experience a slightly different solution than this. Because the problem is permissions, everyone's security settings maybe different. Here is the solution that worked for me:
1 Windows Security Centre
2 goto "allow an app through Controlled folder access"
- from Security Centre, open Virus & Threat Protection, open Ransomware Protection, click Allow An App.
- or from the search bar you can type "allowed apps" and it should get you there.
3 click the + sign to Add An Allowed App
4 navigate to your file folder with "Origin.exe" and add that. (IE: C:\Games\Origin\)
4 navigate to your file folder with "TS4_x64.exe" and add that. (IE: C:\Games\Origin\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\)
5 close the Origin lancher app, including from TaskManager, to make sure its not still in the background.
6 Run: TS4_x64.exe  (or however you normally run the game)

Hope this helps someone.
Even if your steps are different on your computer, the idea is Windows Security is the problem.
Good Luck

Message 18 of 35 (7,590 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I just installed Sims 4, on a fairly recently formatted pc and I was getting this problem. I just turned off "Controlled Folder Access" in the Windows Security Centre and the game launched the first time.

Message 19 of 35 (7,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@172e3cda00349872Thank you! I was at my wits end... I had tried a game fix, allowing access through the firewall, changing the Windows Security centre, disabling this that and the other... ccleaner did the job when I cleaned up my registry.

Strangely though, it worked after the first clean and then the message came back so I had to clean it again. Looks like it's working again now, so fingers crossed.

Edit: Nope, I just tried running it again and am still getting the same message. I shouldn't have to clean the registry every time I want to play... I also just read some bad things about ccleaner and how you shouldn't use it...

Does anyone else have a fix at all please?

Message 20 of 35 (7,129 Views)