Can't Select Stage Marks

by erikthedud

Original Post

Re: Can't Select Stage Marks

★★★ Apprentice
@erikthedud this is exactly the reason. I w as s having the same issue. I could complete any scenes that were just me, but anything with 2 X Mark's on the ground was unable to be completed. It doesn't all the time. But it sucks when it does
Message 11 of 31 (6,430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same i have the exact same problem, and im on seasoned thespian too. 

i found a fix, if you have another household try to switch control, and then switch again to your working household. And I found out the problem occured because another co-worker that supposed to do the act not available on the lot.

Message 12 of 31 (6,351 Views)

★★ Novice
@erikthedud Same here. She’s supposed to be performing the sword fight...🤷🏽‍♀️
Message 13 of 31 (5,840 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I found out it was because my co stars were leaving the lot. The only fix I found was talking to them as soon as I arrived at the studio lot! 

Message 14 of 31 (5,836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have had the same issues (stage markers not selectable, co-stars and film crew leaving the set, no food on the plates, co-stars not walking over to the right stage markers for group performance) for quite a while now.

I tried switching to another family/household as suggested by others here, but it didn't help.

However, I have finally found a workaround yesterday. I am not sure if I was just lucky or if it will work in the future, but I wanted to share it anyway:

You need testingcheatsenabled true. I had cas.fulleditmode on, too, but I am not sure if you absolutely need that.

You need to have more than one sim in your active household, but you could probably just create one during the procedure.

1) Shift click the sim that is stuck in the studio and can't continue their performance because of the bugged event.

2) Choose modify in CAS

3) Select another sim from your household, who is not currently in the studio. You do not need to modify anything about them, it is just important that you choose them before you leave CAS

4) You should now be back at your home lot or wherever the sim you selected is with that sim active and your actor sim in the studio with a red blinking work icon

5) You should be able to select the actor now and join them in the studio again

6) After that, it should be possible to continue with the acting event without further problems. Stage markers should be selectable again and the crew working as they should

I hope this will work for you, too as it did for me, good luck!

Edit:
I have had more cases of bugged stage markers and my workaround did unfortunately not work immediately every time.
I had to do the whole procedure several times right now before it actually worked and did shift-click and reset object (debug) the co-workers of my actor sim several times in the process, because they just did not want to walk over to the next stage marker. I added the co-worker to my family briefly, after everything else had failed and removed him again. After that, he walked out of the studio to go home. After I then again followed the 6 points described above, the game generated a new co-worker for me and I was finally able to finish the event.
I will investigate further if there are more reliable ways to fix the problem.

Message 15 of 31 (5,741 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I had to do my acting gig 6 times before I could click on the stage marker to complete the performance.  Now here's the strange thing...  I went back on an earlier save a few sim hours before the performance and whilst biding my time, I noticed 2 bouncers at my house.  Strange, I have only one bouncer door.  I went into build mode and found I had in fact 2 bouncer doors, one on top of another!  I removed the extra door, went to the gig and everything went great and there was even an actor at the markers that were unclickable before!  Whether this is related or coincidence, luck, I don't know, but thought I'd advise you all to check your lots for any anomalies if you're having this problem.  I'll see what happens at my next acting gig and update you.  

Message 16 of 31 (5,539 Views)

★★ Novice
@spiderhathead The workaround worked right away for me and my sim was nominated for an award. Thank you!
Message 17 of 31 (5,446 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It seems to happen mostly at the Sherrif of Alpha Centauri gig, so I tend to avoid those gigs.  I've had it happen to me at another gig once though and had to keep going back to my save and trying again about half a dozen times.  Where is my freaking co-star!  LOL. @spiderhathead Glad the workaround worked for you.  I'll give it a go if it happens again.  Shouldn't have to be doing that though, really.  Co-stars should always be there on their markers.  Imagine if Brad Pitt's Co-star didn't turn up!  LOL

Message 18 of 31 (5,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I'm having the same problem. Were you able to fix it? If you did could you please tell me how?🤧

Message 19 of 31 (5,158 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having this problem too. First my director was missing. I did a game repair and took out my mods but he still wasn't showing up. Then he randomly appeared after reloading the lot. Now I can't click the final stage marker despite it being lit up and my co-worker on stage with me. This is ridiculous!

Message 20 of 31 (4,900 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help