Re: Can't Play Sims 4 without internet

by crinrict

Original Post

Can't Play Sims 4 without internet

★ Apprentice
OK, so I bought game and got home only to realize you must install it with internet. Well I live in the country and don't have internet. So lugged heavy tower to husbands office, downloaded and played foe sever hours.

Got up today, hooked everything back up at home and went to play....only to be greeted with an Origin log in option. Game won't load otherwise.

I thought EA said internet wasn't required for Sims 4? Is there a way around the log in to play?
Message 1 of 30 (144,643 Views)

EA app Team

Since you've activated the game on that computer already, you should be able to log in with the same Origin account, and play in offline mode.

Message 2 of 30 (144,376 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes you can go into offline mode but you have to have an internet connection to log in Correct???  That is why she's asking you if she can play without internet.  I have tried to play without logging into Origin but it won't let me I have to log in, and in order to log in you must have an internet connection then you can choose offline mode.  Fix the issue.  You should not have to log in everytime you want to play.  

Message 3 of 30 (144,201 Views)

Hero

No, you don't need an internet connection to login.

If no internet connection is present, you will automatically be put in offine mode.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (144,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Incorrect. EA says the game doesn't require an internet connection, and that is also incorrect.

To test this, I had Origin Advanced Settings to "Automatic Exit" when I quit the game. I double-clicked the Sims 4 shortcut to launch the game, and this automatically launched Origin and logged me in (I had it set to auto-login). I then selected Origin > Go Offline. I then quit the game, which closed both the game and Origin. So far, so good.

I decided I wanted to test the offline capabilities so I unplugged my ethernet cable from my router, disconnecting my computer from the internet. I then double-clicked The Sims 4 shortcut, which launched Origin. The Origin Login box popped up and said "Online login is currently unavailable". That's it. It just sat there and the game didn't launch. Closing the Origin Login box did nothing except close the program. The Sims 4 ABSOLUTELY is not playable if you're not connected to the internet.

However, I will say (in fairness) that if you FIRST login when CONNECTED to the internet, select "offline mode" but keep Origin running, then disconnect from the internet, the game will launch. That', however, is not what EA says. They say you only need to connect to the internet the very first time in order to authenticate the game. From that point on an internet connection is not needed.

Don't believe anyone that tells you an internet connection is not required.

Edit: Did that sound angry? Standard smile

I stand corrected. I found the information by searching the internet. Here's how to play offline:

When you start the game, Origin login will come up and say "Online login is currently unavailable". At that point put in your email/username and password ANYWAY, and the game will launch even though you have no internet connection.

Message 5 of 30 (143,673 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Playing without internet did not work for me.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/784779/sims-4-would-not-start-without-internet

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 6 of 30 (142,929 Views)

Hero

It might depend on your setup.

Do you have any data on any external drives ? Is all on your c drive ? Do you have any special setups on your computer ?

(also may I use your pic for a potential blog post ?)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 30 (142,880 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This worked for me as well. Put in user name and password and log in like your online and the game will start after that.
Message 8 of 30 (142,742 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Didn't work for me.

I can get into Origin without being online but it then says I've not activated the game, which I can't do offline. Except I have. I played for hours yesterday
Message 9 of 30 (142,538 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The same thing happened to me. I used the internet to activate the game played for hours and hours, now my roommates have shut off the internet and I went to play. Could log into origin but couldn't play the game, said it needed to be activated online and I have already done that. Why can't I play without the internet? This is so frustrating...
Message 10 of 30 (142,521 Views)