Can't Play Active Household After Switching in Sims 3

by Jayssikuh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Play Active Household After Switching in Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I was playing as a family that I created (my main household) and I recently made another one so that I could give my main household's kids people to date because I'm selfish. Anyway, I switched from my main household to the secondary one and everything worked fine. Now, when I tried to switch back, I could get into the house but the list of active family was the family from the other house. I can't control my new active family unless I click on them.

This is just a little irritating and I would like to get back to playing my original characters, thanks!

Message 1 of 9 (16,325 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Play Active Household After Switching in Sims 3

Hero (Retired)

I've had that to me a couple of times. What I did to rectify it was this:

• open up edit town
  • now instead of immediately going to the household you want and swapping - look for the button (on top of the library "bar") which says 'Change Active Household"
  • Click it and you'll find yourself back to pretty much the basic home screen
  • Select Choose a Household
  • Go to the one you want and choose 

Let me know if that works for you! Confusedmileyhappy:

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (18,992 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

I've had that to me a couple of times. What I did to rectify it was this:

• open up edit town
  • now instead of immediately going to the household you want and swapping - look for the button (on top of the library "bar") which says 'Change Active Household"
  • Click it and you'll find yourself back to pretty much the basic home screen
  • Select Choose a Household
  • Go to the one you want and choose 

Let me know if that works for you! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 2 of 9 (18,993 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

It works for me! Thank You. Standard smile

Message 3 of 9 (15,670 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Dude! You're a life saver! No other forum had this solution and i forgot it even existed. Thanks, man!
Message 4 of 9 (15,479 Views)

★★ Novice

When I tried this, I was able to control one of my sims but I couldn't see any of his needs/wants or even his picture. The list of family members was also gone so I couldn't switch to another person. Any idea why?

Message 5 of 9 (14,806 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I've been having the same problem. When you say Choose a household, will I then be able to play with my active family because mine don't even appear on the starter screen. When the game is loading, normally you get your family and their house next to them but mine don't appear, it's like I haven't even created them. Please could you help me, I haven't had my computer long because I had to change it, do you think that could be the reason ? I am really worried about my game as I always seem to have some sort of problem with it. It is driving me crazy ! Thank you.

Message 6 of 9 (13,665 Views)

★ Novice
@Andromache2013 it works for me too and now is june 2019 cool
Message 7 of 9 (8,334 Views)

★ Novice

It didnt work for me. Im now exiting game and will attempt to reload. I believe its some glitch that happened while switching households using nraas story progression (though its never happened to me before). Other glitches were happening with the tiles looking weird on the floor etc. Could just be Ive been running the game too long.

The game always starts acting wonky after me leaving it on for hours. I usually just leave it on if I plan on returning to it within a couple hours bc it takes my world about 40 minutes to load! 

Message 8 of 9 (8,234 Views)

@kneal007  This is a very old thread, and the participants have long since moved on.  If you have an issue you'd like help troubleshooting, please start your own thread (or post here, and I can move it) describing the issue(s) you're seeing, and what you've done so far to try to fix things.

It would also help if you listed the mods you're currently using.  If any of them are adult-themed, don't name them, just reference them in a way that I won't miss, e.g. an initial and the source of the mod.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 9 (8,223 Views)