Re: Can't Login to the Sims 3 Store

by YummyGothDaddy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Login to the Sims 3 Store

★ Novice

I can't login to my Sims 3 Store account!

So I didn't buy The Sims 3 from Origin, I actually originally bought it on Steam. I bought it in 2016, and I registered my game to the Sims 3 with an account that I remember now. I remember the username, and I have a pretty good idea for what the password is but I can't login. 

I don't remember how the account was created, but I can't login now. 

I created a new Sims 3 Store account when I played the sims 3 again recently because I haven't played it in a while and I forgot about my old account. I don't think I was able to register my game to a new account, but I found my old account and it indeed says I have The Sims 3 on there. 

I CAN'T LOGIN... because there's no way for me to.

When I sign out of my new account, it tells me to sign into EA... but my old account wasn't used for EA. I didn't know Origin existed when I created that account. 

I think that they didn't make this EA sign in a thing until recently, but I now can't access that account because I don't have Sims 3 on Origin- I have it on Steam and I don't know what to do in order to access my old account.

Message 1 of 3 (639 Views)

Accepted Solution

@YummyGothDaddy  The way to login is the same no matter how you bought your games.  When you registered your Steam purchase(s) on the store site, you created an EA account (or used an existing one) that now owns your game.  (The store site and Origin share information.)  The way the store handles logins did change, but the accounts all stayed intact.  By the way, I bought most of my packs on Steam too, and they show up in my Origin account and on the store site just as if I'd bought them from Origin itself.

Go to the store site, enter your username or the email address associated with it, click "Forgot your Password?" and look for a password reset email.  If you click Login and you're auto-logged in, it's because you're signed in using a different account, and the store reads that active login.  The ways around this are simple: log out, clear your browser cache, open a private window, or use a different browser.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (613 Views)

All Replies

@YummyGothDaddy  The way to login is the same no matter how you bought your games.  When you registered your Steam purchase(s) on the store site, you created an EA account (or used an existing one) that now owns your game.  (The store site and Origin share information.)  The way the store handles logins did change, but the accounts all stayed intact.  By the way, I bought most of my packs on Steam too, and they show up in my Origin account and on the store site just as if I'd bought them from Origin itself.

Go to the store site, enter your username or the email address associated with it, click "Forgot your Password?" and look for a password reset email.  If you click Login and you're auto-logged in, it's because you're signed in using a different account, and the store reads that active login.  The ways around this are simple: log out, clear your browser cache, open a private window, or use a different browser.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (614 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much for your response.

I honestly made my account so long ago, I forgot that I even made it- I don't ever recall making an Origin account until my current one. 

I ended up searching my old username on Origin, and found the account but it didn't even look like a profile picture I would ever use, so i just did 'forget password'.

Lo and behold, it was my old account and I was able to login. I saw The Sims 3 on there, but I didn't want to access my old account and new account separately.

I wanted to use my new account since I have Ts4 and other games on my new account, so I just ended up contact EA and thankfully they were able to help me merge them together.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (600 Views)