Re: Can't Load Save Files SIMS 4

by 172e3cda00349872

Original Post

Can't Load Save Files SIMS 4

★ Novice

Whenever I load up SIMS 4 and try to load a save file, there are none listed. When I got to the actual game files I can see MANY save files listed. Reloading the game has no effect.

Message 1 of 6 (3,143 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Start a new game and save it. When you now choose to load a game is the one you just saved listed?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (3,118 Views)

★ Novice

My husband deleted everything, even Origin, and redownloaded everything. Somehow, that brought all my save files back. He doesn't know how.

Message 3 of 6 (3,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@sintradrak

This may have been due to The Sims 4 folder not deleting automatically when you delete the install files for the game or Origin. You should be able to look here to find your saves. - C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

If you still have your saved games in your Sims 4\saves folder - [C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves] - It may be the game isn't reading the save files correctly.

Have you tried renaming your saved game file? To rename your save, remove the version number. - .ver0 or .ver1 by deleting the .ver1 on the end.

For example: Slot_00000002.save.ver1

Rename it to: Slot_00000002.save

You may want to give it a different number if you already have a save 2 in your folder. The game should then recognize the save file again.

-- If you have an old auto save file (Slot_00000001.save) it's safe to delete as the game doesn't use it anymore.

If the above doesn't help, Crinrict has some very useful tips on saved games disappearing:

Save Games disappearing
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/

----

When I've come across the problem of having a lot of saves in my folder and need to rename them is to move the saves folder to the desktop, and copy back only a few or so, maybe 10 at most at a time, and rename them in a 02.save, 03.save, 04.save, etc. up to 10.save

For example:

Slot_00000002.save
Slot_00000003.save
Slot_00000004.save

Load the game, select a save from the Load Game Menu and take notes of what save is what. To help keep track of the saves better.

Message 4 of 6 (3,067 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I've done that, tried multiple times. It still isn't reading them.

Message 5 of 6 (388 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread is now a bit older, I've locked it to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread instead so we can take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 6 (366 Views)