Re: Can't Hit the Play Button on Sims 4!

by kreatora

Original Post

Can't Hit the Play Button on Sims 4!

★★★ Newbie

I was playing Sims 4 this morning and then I shut down my computer to install updates. When I turned my computer back on and logged into Origin my game was there but it won't let me hit the play button! It's grayed out! My computer runs on Windows 10 but it hasn't been a problem until now. Help please!!

Message 1 of 4 (2,453 Views)

Give these a try:

The Play button in Origin is gray

Make sure your game is updated to the newest version (see above). If that is the case and the play button is still gray, try the following things (or any combination of it)

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Installation-Updating-and-Startup-Issues/td-p/4276949

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (2,436 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but I will definitely not use ccleaner. I dont trust it

Message 3 of 4 (2,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@akira0570

The advice of hero puzzlezaddict:
"This is usually related to having notifications enabled in Windows. Although you may not see the notification itself, your computer thinks you're clicking that and not the game. Disable notifications while you're playing and see whether it helps"

You can also try to change the resolution settings of the screen in the game options. Try the highest first. Try to play in windowed mode. (This can cause the Load Button to move from where Windows these notifications display.)

I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 4 (2,284 Views)