Can't Get Stuff Out Of House Inventory

by skippyjon

Original Post

Can't Get Stuff Out Of House Inventory

★ Apprentice

I put all the precious objects and stuff in my sims house Inventory before moving. All stuff that's irreplaceable to me or would take an insane amount of time to get again. But after moving when i try and pull stuff out it says 'you can't move stuff you don't own'

Like what?? I own this stuff I've owned it for awhile. And i already saved over my past save when they owned the last place. Please, for the love of god, someone tell me a way to get around this stupid bug that shouldn't even exist. It there isn't a way to fix this I'm freaking done with sims 4 with awhile. This is DAYS of my real life that will be wasted if all their stuff is gone. It's borderline juvenile that a bug like this still exists in sims 4 with no workaround. 

Message 1 of 6 (392 Views)

Re: Can't Get Stuff Out Of House Inventory

Champion (Retired)

This sound like it is stuff that are unlocked by certain careers and that you no longer have a sim in said career of sufficient level to have unlocked it. The solution would be to get a sim in that career and unlock it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (374 Views)

★ Apprentice
Some of it is career stuff and my sims still is in the same career. But a lot of it is simply my living stuff that i saved up alot of money for. And my freaking dog's urn which is extremely irreplaceable
Message 3 of 6 (348 Views)

Champion (Retired)

There was an old bug with this that was solved long ago. Is your game up to date?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (336 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yes fully updated, I have it set to auto update and I just checked it, it's up to the newest update.
Message 5 of 6 (323 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

It would be best if you also upload the backup files (ver0-ver4) of the save. It does sound like the old bug that was fixed ages ago but there's always been some issues going on with moving.

If you have a manual backup from before it happened, that would also be good to have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (309 Views)