Re: Can't Get Ragtime In the Big Easy to Install

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Can't Get Ragtime In the Big Easy to Install

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've tried multiple times. I've erased it, and redownloaded. Nothing works. It claims it's been installed, but the clothes aren't there when I play. 

Message 1 of 2 (228 Views)

Re: Can't Get Ragtime In the Big Easy to Install

@Player_kfdomfcq  You may have a corrupt .ebc file in DCCache, inside your TS3 game folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  Installed store content is bundled into these files, but a corrupt one may not properly accept new data.

The easiest thing to do is create a new .ebc file and add it to the others.  First, uninstall Ragtime in the Big Easy again.  Then pull your entire TS3 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again—you can quit at the Main Menu—a new folder will spawn.  Download the store pack into this folder and install it.  If you're missing any other store content, you can install that too.  (Don't install any premium content though; save that for later.)  But it's best to install only a few items at a time; when the process is done, you can add more.

Then launch the game and have a look at CAS to confirm that the new content is in your game.  If it is, you can transfer the new .ebc file into the DCCache folder inside your old game folder, trash the new game folder you just created, and put the old one back in Documents.  But make sure to rename the new .ebc file so that it's numbered one higher than the highest existing one you already have.  So for example, if your existing DCCache folder had dcdb0.ebc through dcdb4.ebc, you'd rename the new one dcdb5.ebc.

Also keep in mind that the store has been undergoing maintenance for the past couple of days, so if you temporarily have trouble downloading, just wait a bit or try again tomorrow.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (213 Views)