Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Finish Writing Books

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Laundry Day Stuff, Parenthood, Vampires, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, and Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The issue happens whenever my sim is 90% complete with writing a book on a computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will remain seated on her chair and will stop writing the book she is making progress on. Whenever I tell her to resume writing, she will attempt to for a few seconds before the action is ultimately canceled. This bug happens in all of my saves regardless of her location or the computer she is using.
What do you expect to see? The sim should be able to finish writing books on the computer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried removing all of my mods from the game but the issue still persisted. I have also tried resetting the sim, troubleshooting, and repairing Sims 4 without any success.

Message 1 of 17 (12,306 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Finish Writing Books

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The issue has been resolved after the patch, thank you for your help Crinrict!

EDIT (crin): I'm locking this thread. If you still have issues with this, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-no-longer-resumes-writing-books/m-p/6880454

View in thread

Message 16 of 17 (13,515 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have tried a few times to add a clip I have captured of it but I'm not sure if I was successful, so here is a link just in case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Q3YGG7qiw&feature=youtu.be

Message 2 of 17 (12,279 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @GoIdenRose

Mods can cause all sorts of issues with the game. 

Can try removing your mods, repairing the game in origin and try again?

Let us know the outcome!

Thanks!

Message 3 of 17 (12,241 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Sim Guru,

Unfortunately, I have already tried removing my mods and repairing the game without any success. 

Message 4 of 17 (12,230 Views)

Hero

Hi @GoIdenRose

did you also delete your cache file or renamed your user folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 17 (12,132 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict,

No, I have not deleted any cache files or renamed my user folder.

Message 6 of 17 (12,107 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files then as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (12,096 Views)

Hero

Hi @GoIdenRose

did you have any luck with solving this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (11,973 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm sorry for the late reply! I have tried that as instructed and also uninstalled and reinstalled the game. The issue is still there, but it seems to happen less frequently. Its also occurring when I try to make a virus, practice programming, mod a game, make a plugin, or hack now, though. 

Message 9 of 17 (11,957 Views)

Hero

Hi @GoIdenRose

does it also happen on a fresh save or only an existing one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (11,938 Views)