Re: Can't Find the Electronic Arts folder. Tried everything.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Find the Electronic Arts folder. Tried everything.

★★ Novice

I had sims 4 for a while but at one stage I lost the computer account that i had the game on. Although the game and origin had transferred over to my new account as they were on the same computer, i had lost the Electronic Arts folder. I ended up finding one though titled Electronic Arts but it had no sims 4 folder, but i later found that SEPERATE to the EA folder. The sims 4 folder had no mods folder which is what i was looking for in the beginning. I tried everything. I tried repairing the game with the repair button, i uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I opened the game as everyone was saying it appeared after opening the game, which it still didn't appear. I saw someone say that they had to go to program filesx86 then to origin games>The Sims 4>data>client but that didn't work. I even saw someone say that you had to create the Mods folder in the SIms 4 folder, but the cc's didn't transfer into the game so i assume that was wrong. Please, what do I do?

Message 1 of 10 (9,388 Views)

Accepted Solution

@WoodySweetie  It's still strange that the game would say it's storing your content in a different user folder.  But as long as everything works now, there's not much point in worrying about it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (9,258 Views)

All Replies

@WoodySweetie  Are you still working with the Sims 4 folder in Program Files (x86)?  The folder that holds your user data is in Documents > Electronic Arts, and that's where your mods need to go too.  If you open Documents and can't find the Sims 4 folder, please make sure you're in the local version of Documents, not a secondary one located in OneDrive (or iCloud if you have a Mac).

Please also start a new save, if you haven't already, and let me know whether that save still shows up after you've quit Sims 4, restarted your computer, and reloaded the game.

Message 2 of 10 (9,381 Views)

★★ Novice

i did what you asked and started a new save and restarted my computer. My Sims 4 game has actually started re-downloading even though it's already downloaded.

Message 3 of 10 (9,370 Views)

@WoodySweetie  That happens sometimes, probably just Origin being annoying, but when it's done, you should be able to play.  Are you able to launch the game, and do you now have a Sims 4 folder inside Documents > Electronic Arts?

Message 4 of 10 (9,329 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I had assumed so haha. After playing I checked my files and nothing has appeared. My save from before did save as well and nothing had really changed. 

Message 5 of 10 (9,307 Views)

@WoodySweetie  If you load Sims 4 again, does your existing save show up?  You'd see a Load Game button at the Main Menu.  Click it and hover over the folder icon under the other save info: this will show the file path to the save.  Please list that path here.  You can write [username] instead of your actual username, but please leave the rest of the file path intact, and let me know if the username you see is different than the one for your Windows account.

If you don't see the save, please make a new one, save your progress, and exit to the Main Menu.  Then list the file path to the new save as described above.

Message 6 of 10 (9,299 Views)

★★ Novice

C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves\Slot_00000003.save

The username it uses is the one on my other account. I managed to find it and the Electronic Arts folder is in there with the Sims 4 folder in it. Thank you! Do I just put the EA Folder in my current documents folder?

Message 7 of 10 (9,279 Views)

@WoodySweetie  Moving that Electronic Arts folder to the Documents folder for your current account wouldn't help: Sims 4 is looking for your user data in the other Documents folder and won't recognize it anywhere else.  It's odd though that the game is using the folder of a different account.  Have you taken steps to direct the contents of Documents in this account to the Documents folder in the other one, or to otherwise share across accounts?

If you haven't, or you're not sure, please open a File Explorer window, right-click on Documents, select Properties > Location, and post the file path you see.  Again, you can write [username], but let me know whether it's pointing to this user account or the other one.

Message 8 of 10 (9,274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried moving the EA folder to my current documents folder and it fixed it. I moved my downloaded CC content into the EA folder and it went to my sims game. Maybe it was because the folder was still on my computer and in my account and I just couldn't see it cause it was hidden in a file that I couldn't see without purposely looking for it.

Message 9 of 10 (9,270 Views)

@WoodySweetie  It's still strange that the game would say it's storing your content in a different user folder.  But as long as everything works now, there's not much point in worrying about it.

Message 10 of 10 (9,259 Views)