Re: Can't Download Sims 4 due to "location Error"?

by Aracelis704

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Download Sims 4 due to "location Error"?

★★★ Novice

I'm trying to download Sims 4 (in the Origin game manger client or whatever you call it) but it tells me it is unable to download after a certain point (19% of downloading) giving me a box that reads "Origin is not able to download The Sims 4 to C:\Programs Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client\ClientFullBuild1.package." then below that it reads "Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location" I'm not the smartest person ever and I hardly know anything about computers but I'm assuming it means I have to download it somewhere else but I'd rather not mess up my computer more than it is. I would appreciate any help. Standard smile

Message 1 of 13 (14,826 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

@DarkAmaranth1966 I'm not sure what I managed to do but I was finally able to get the game to start downloading and install finally after fiddling with it for a while but thank you for all of your help. :D 

View in thread

Message 8 of 13 (15,967 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

@Sims_Blues Moved this to the Sims 4 forum.

That usually means that you don't have enough free hard drive space for the game. If you Post your DXDIAG report. We can check that for you.

Message 2 of 13 (14,808 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@DarkAmaranth1966 I'm pretty sure I did it right I have attached it with this message, I appreciate the help.

Message 3 of 13 (14,796 Views)

★★★ Expert

You do have enough free space on that drive so, it may be a permissions problem.

Exit Origin Completely then, Run Origin as Administrator.

See if that works.

If not turn User Account Controls OFF. Setting UAC in Windows 8

Message 4 of 13 (14,782 Views)

★★★ Novice

@DarkAmaranth1966I had closed Origin complete then ran it as Administrator but it still wouldn't install after that I changed the UAC setting off completely and when I try to install the game is just pops with a box that says "Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location" I did this with and without running administrator and I still got the same message. 

Message 5 of 13 (14,774 Views)

★★★ Expert

Okay I'm going to flag @crinrict on this one. It has me stumped.

Message 6 of 13 (14,769 Views)

★★★ Novice

@DarkAmaranth1966 I appreciate all of the things you've helped me with so far though thank you very much Standard smile

Message 7 of 13 (14,766 Views)

★★★ Novice

@DarkAmaranth1966 I'm not sure what I managed to do but I was finally able to get the game to start downloading and install finally after fiddling with it for a while but thank you for all of your help. :D 

Message 8 of 13 (15,968 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When updating Origin error notice comes up

directs to link dm.origin/live/origin/setup.exe

then says link is not valid please check and try again

I am having no success in resolving this.

Message 9 of 13 (14,052 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issue I dont understand bc I havent did anything different and I've never had an issue before? Is there anyway you can possibly help me?

Message 10 of 13 (10,962 Views)