by hey_its_kp1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Download Grim's Ghoulish Guitar

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own enough of them to really not want to type them all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? on my account?
What happens when the bug occurs? I want to receive the Grim's Ghoulish Guitar, I signed up for the newsletter like instructed but I still can't download the item.
What do you expect to see? I would like to be able to download Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I tried to get the free item, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar. I signed up for the newsletter like instructed but I still can't download the item. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,382 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Download Grim's Ghoulish Guitar

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

No that's ok. It sounds like you have two EA/Origin accounts which can happen. Standard smile  

What you need to establish is which EA/Origin account has your The Sims 4 PC game. Once you know which EA/Origin account has this game, you can enter the EA/Origin account information into the Newsletter for the Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.

How you can do this is by checking your "My Game Library" for The Sims 4 in Origin. If it's not in the first EA/Origin account then please try the second EA/Origin account (note, please only perform this step if you have access to both emails so you can reset your password if you need to to log back in). If The Sims 4 PC game is in neither EA/Origin account, please contact the EA Help Team to help.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (1,306 Views)

All Replies

Champion
It's an account unlock, if you signed up for the newsletter correctly. There's nothing you need to download.

If you load up The Sims 4 and on the main menu screen where it shows all the packs you own, at the bottom under free stuff, does it show the guitar icon?
Message 2 of 10 (1,370 Views)

★★ Novice

It says “not owned” 

Message 3 of 10 (1,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @hey_its_kp1,

Often times, this can occur when the wrong EA account information is autofilled/entered during registration (see spoiler tag).  

Spoiler
This is the stage I'm referring to where the EA account you are logged in with will autofill into these fields. 

GrimGuitar Sims2.jpg

Could you review the email address on the EA account you've linked The Sims 4 to please? You can verify this by checking your account information in the Origin client/Origin website, confirming The Sims 4 (PC version) is in your 'My Game Library' and then reviewing the email on your Profile page. If you are unsure where to find your game or cannot locate that account information, please reach out to the EA Help team so they can help. 

Once the account information from the EA account with The Sims 4 on it is registered for the Newsletter, you should be able to receive the Grim's Ghoulish Guitar. Standard smile

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 10 (1,344 Views)

★★ Novice

So the EA account and origin account emails have to be the same? 

Message 5 of 10 (1,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @hey_its_kp1, an Origin account is another way of saying an EA account. They are the same thing. So the email you see when logged in on Origin will be the same email you have registered to your EA account. Standard smile 

In my post above I've linked you to Origin as Origin will display the EA PC games linked to your EA account along with the information you've registered to your EA account. You will be able to verify if the EA account you're logged in with is the correct one if you can see The Sims 4 (PC) in your Games Library.

Message 6 of 10 (1,317 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh, okay. My origin account and my EA account do not have the same email though. So should I make a new EA account? I’m a bit confused I’m sorry. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

No that's ok. It sounds like you have two EA/Origin accounts which can happen. Standard smile  

What you need to establish is which EA/Origin account has your The Sims 4 PC game. Once you know which EA/Origin account has this game, you can enter the EA/Origin account information into the Newsletter for the Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.

How you can do this is by checking your "My Game Library" for The Sims 4 in Origin. If it's not in the first EA/Origin account then please try the second EA/Origin account (note, please only perform this step if you have access to both emails so you can reset your password if you need to to log back in). If The Sims 4 PC game is in neither EA/Origin account, please contact the EA Help Team to help.

Message 8 of 10 (1,307 Views)

★★ Novice

I figured it out finally. I did have two accounts and wasn’t signed into the correct one. Thank you so much for your help! 

Message 9 of 10 (1,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

That's great news :D It's good to hear you've got it working. :eahigh_file: Feel free to share a screenshot of your Sim rocking it out with the Grim's Ghoulish Guitar after all that hard work getting it. Here's mine (this thread inspired me so thank you for creating this Large smile):

GrimGuitar Sims6.jpg

Message 10 of 10 (1,263 Views)