Re: Can't Download Content from SimPoints.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Download Content from SimPoints.

★★ Novice

Hello, I have been trying to download the extra content I've gotten with SimPoints, but when I go to the Download Manager and Start downloading an item, the game tabs out and it requires me to login, even though I am already logged in, in the game itself and in the launcher. If I try to login on that new popup and press the login button it just reappears constantly. so I am thrown in a loop and is unable to download & Install anything.

Message 1 of 7 (820 Views)

Accepted Solution

@GlaceonCF  I just downloaded three items, using Firefox, while not signed into the launcher.  I did open the launcher before clicking the Download button.  (I'm on the same patch level as you, and I tested in Windows.)  So that might work better—being signed in isn't necessary, and Chrome doesn't always work well with the store.

If that alone doesn't help, move your entire Sims 3 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean game folder, and try again.  If you don't want to use Firefox, Internet Explorer (not Edge) works as well.  It's installed even in Windows 10.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (785 Views)

All Replies

@GlaceonCF  Try downloading from the Store website rather than using the game's interface.  Close the game, go to store.thesims3.com, login, go to Purchase History, and try to download just one item.  If it works, you can download the rest, but be sure to do so in small batches, no more than half a dozen items at once; the launcher doesn't handle large amounts of data very well.  Worlds are large and should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.

Message 2 of 7 (805 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I did that after reading your reply and it's doing the same thing except this time the game is closed.
I Highlighted the fact that I am logged in, but it's asking me to login?

Message 3 of 7 (798 Views)

@GlaceonCF  I just downloaded three items, using Firefox, while not signed into the launcher.  I did open the launcher before clicking the Download button.  (I'm on the same patch level as you, and I tested in Windows.)  So that might work better—being signed in isn't necessary, and Chrome doesn't always work well with the store.

If that alone doesn't help, move your entire Sims 3 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean game folder, and try again.  If you don't want to use Firefox, Internet Explorer (not Edge) works as well.  It's installed even in Windows 10.

Message 4 of 7 (786 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you for your support, I've went ahead and did a step while waiting for your reply : Since I am on Steam I navigated through the Local Files and changed the properties of every Executable in Game/bin. then I did as you said open the launcher when I saw your message. then went on internet explorer and downloaded something without a single issue then went and tried on google chrome and I've got the same success so I would assume it had something to do with administrator permission. I hope you can give this solution to the future troubleshooting. And thank you for your time.
Message 5 of 7 (780 Views)

@GlaceonCF  I'm not sure what you mean by changed the properties of the .exe files, but it's interesting that admin permission helped.  I just open the launcher from a Sims3LauncherW.exe shortcut (not running as admin), so Steam is left out of the picture, but I don't know whether this makes a difference.  (By the way, in case you didn't know, the game .exe is TS3W, and you can launch the game from it directly without having Steam open, and without opening the launcher first.)

Thanks for reporting back with what worked for you.  The launcher is a bit finicky these days, so it's always good to learn another way to try to make it work.

Message 6 of 7 (776 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the tip, also by changing the property of the .exe I mean just right clicking it and going to properties then the compatibility tab. there's an option there to run as administrator automatically.

Message 7 of 7 (754 Views)