Re: Can't Download CC Content - Notepad

by nadinegw

Original Post

Can't Download CC Content - Notepad

★★★ Newbie

I am not able to download CC content, all cc content opens in notepad and when added to my mods folder, my Sims 4 game doesn't open. I have tried to delete notepad, save the mod opened in notepad as 'All Files' not a Text File and the error message still occurs. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 5 (511 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@nadinegw 

That you have chosen to associate them with Notepad does not in any way prevent them from working in the game.

What error message are you talking about? A lot of CC % Mods needs to be updated after the recent patch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (498 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen The error message says 'Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this file is a mod please remove it and try again. If not please repair or reinstall the game via origin. I have tried repairing the game and that doesn't seem to work.
Message 3 of 5 (491 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@nadinegw 

So apparently this is one of the Mods/CC that needs to be updated. You need to remove it (and delete localthumbcache.package) until it is updated. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (484 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen Thanks, I'll give that a try. Standard smile
Message 5 of 5 (477 Views)