Original Post

Re: Can't Delete Exchange Uploads

★★★★★ Novice

It's probably a website error.

Message 11 of 35 (3,039 Views)

Re: Can't Delete Exchange Uploads

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@BillFlowerpot  @EA_Mai I'm getting script errors in my launcher now. It says An error has occurred in the script on this page. https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js. I believe this is probably related to the exchange issue. Is anyone else getting launcher script errors?

Message 12 of 35 (3,023 Views)

Sims 3 Launcher Facebook Script Error

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Yesterday I started getting launcher script error. Game still seems to be working but it will no longer let me upload stuff to the sims exchange. It says its successful but does not show up. I have cleared the cache files, cleared and reset IE and Chrome, uninstalled deleted all sims related files and reinstalled, and still get the same error, and still cant upload content. When looking for a solution I saw that the sims 3 servers got updated yesterday. Any idea how to fix this? (Using Windows 10 PC by the way)

scripterror.PNG

Message 13 of 35 (3,043 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Launcher Facebook Script Error

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact issue. Can't delete or upload to the exchange, and Facebook script error in launcher. 

Message 14 of 35 (3,016 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Launcher Facebook Script Error

★★★★★ Novice

I can't fix mine either, it was okay until the update.

Message 15 of 35 (3,015 Views)

Re: Can't Delete or Upload To The Exhange

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi I have found my first communication regarding the problem,

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/My-uploads-not-appearing-in-the-exchange/m-p/8296238#M...

From this you can see the problem pre-dates the latest Sims3 website clean-up.

Today I was able up upload my build successfully, https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9343351

However, I did have a Script Error message (see attached).

Today 17 October 2019 there was a request to install a new version of Origin.  I let it proceed, and continued to sign in.  As there had been this new download I thought to try and upload my build.  When I entered my password etc. I was logged in (as you can see by the box on the attached). Then I got the error message. I dismissed this.

In short I did nothing different today than I had done before to upload my build other than installing the latest origin. I think this proves that it was not a problem on the player's end of the line.  p.s. I have not tried to delete a build from my studio.

Message 16 of 35 (2,970 Views)

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

I've been keeping an eye on the Exchange, and since yesterday it looks like things have gone back to normal. The item you were trying to delete, @AutumnLeaves4444, is no longer there and it looks like you were able to upload something to the Exchange yesterday? Please, let me know if you are still having any issues today.

While Origin update was not related to this, I'm happy to hear the Exchange is also back to normal for you @BillFlowerpot.

@sarah_sadler91 , I'd give it another try now, let us know how it goes Standard smile

The script error is unrelated to the Exchange issues, and while the launcher may still show that error message (we are looking into it), this shouldn't have an impact on your ability to upload content to the Exchange.

Thank you!

-Mai

Message 17 of 35 (3,954 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's working again now, thanks everyone for the help!

Message 18 of 35 (2,953 Views)

EA app Team
Thanks for confirming!
Message 19 of 35 (2,948 Views)

EA app Team

Hi! I'm back about the script error - is it still showing up for you when you open the launcher?

Message 20 of 35 (2,909 Views)