Re: Can't Delete Exchange Uploads

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Delete or Upload To The Exhange

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I can't delete or upload anything to the exchange. Is anyone else having this issue?  

Message 1 of 35 (1,179 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Delete or Upload To The Exhange

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

I've been keeping an eye on the Exchange, and since yesterday it looks like things have gone back to normal. The item you were trying to delete, @AutumnLeaves4444, is no longer there and it looks like you were able to upload something to the Exchange yesterday? Please, let me know if you are still having any issues today.

While Origin update was not related to this, I'm happy to hear the Exchange is also back to normal for you @BillFlowerpot.

@sarah_sadler91 , I'd give it another try now, let us know how it goes Standard smile

The script error is unrelated to the Exchange issues, and while the launcher may still show that error message (we are looking into it), this shouldn't have an impact on your ability to upload content to the Exchange.

Thank you!

-Mai

View in thread

Message 17 of 35 (3,946 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, This has worked for me.

1, Select 'My Page' from the blue bar menu.

2, Select 'My Studio' from my page (it is on the right of the screen)

3, Locate the item you wish to delete and place a tick in the small box in the last (rightmost) column.

4, In the same column you will see 'Delete' click this and your upload should be deleted. It may take a while for the system to catch up.

Message 2 of 35 (1,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It still won't delete or upload.

Message 3 of 35 (1,149 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @AutumnLeaves4444,
Are you getting any error messages when you try to upload/delete an item? Do you remember when the issues started?
Message 4 of 35 (1,131 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, no error message, when I delete an item it stays in the studio, and when I upload it says successfully uploaded but never appears in the studio. I noticed the issue this morning, and it worked fine a few days ago.

Message 5 of 35 (1,126 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

@AutumnLeaves4444 Would you mind sharing a link to the content you are trying to delete? Also, do you remember what time you pressed the 'Delete' button? (Feel free to send me a DM with this information if you prefer)

The steps shared by @BillFlowerpot should have helped, and as they mention, it can take a bit for the item to completely disappear. But knowing what time you tried to delete it can help us look into this.

Thanks,
-Mai

Message 6 of 35 (1,121 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, this is what I'm trying to delete. https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9342408

Message 7 of 35 (1,116 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Usually when I delete an item or upload an item it does it immediately. Do you think the recent maintenance update would have anything to do with it? I've tried using different browsers also.

Message 8 of 35 (1,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

@AutumnLeaves4444 thanks for the details!

@AutumnLeaves4444 wrote:

Do you think the recent maintenance update would have anything to do with it?

I don't know as I don't know the details about the maintenance Wondering, but I see there's new content in the Exchange so other Simmers seem to be using the Exchange as normal.

Let me forward this to the team and get more info Standard smile

Message 9 of 35 (1,086 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I too am not able to upload a build to the exchange.  I did post a request for information on October 08 2019.  I have since been able to upload patterns, household but my new build failed approx 1 hour ago.  I had taken on board that there may be something corrupt in my previous build  and it has taken me some time to re-build and try again. (I used Create A World to do this [it makes a smaller file]. I have done this before with success). As with the original post here - my launcher showed no error and indeed stated that the upload was successful.  I have not tried to delete anything from the exchange for some time and my above advice worked at the time I did.  I apologise If I was trying to teach granny to suck eggs, etc.  With this original post and my efforts previous and now it does seem to be a problem at the web-site end, rather than anything amiss at the player end. I shall keep an eye open for any developments. P.S.  my expertise peeks at clicking the 'Yes' or 'No' button. (Even the I sometimes get it wrong). 

Message 10 of 35 (1,068 Views)