Re: Can't Create A New Sim

by crinrict

Original Post

Can't Create A New Sim

★ Novice

Hi there, 

I have just updated Sims 4 in Origin on PC, and I was so excited to play the game and create a new sim, however I am having trouble actually changing outfits, hair and makeup etc. I can randomize the sim, I can add a name and traits, I can even add new sims, but I just can't get creative and change the outfits or any of the appearance at all... Everytime I do the mouse just changes to a different thing where I can only spin the random sim around. I can also zoom in and out using my mouse, but that's it. I can't even get into detail mode or anything. It also says I am unable to save at this time, which is weird. 

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Is it just because of the update? It's never been like this before.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (372 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@6pinkcats4Hay Are you using discord in the background ?

Origin in game overlay and discord (and other overlays) can cause issues in the game.

Try if it works if you turn them off.

If that's not it, do you have any mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (350 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your reply! The only overlay I have is I guess Chrome, but I'll try closing it down first and then reopening the game.

I deleted all the mods I have installed so it was still that way when I tried it after I deleted them.  

Message 3 of 6 (343 Views)

Hero

Have you turned off Origin in game ?

https://crinrict.com/blog/2014/09/origin-deactivate-origin-in-game.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (340 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, I've tried your suggestion and it still won't let me change anything. 

Message 5 of 6 (321 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (307 Views)