by crinrict

Original Post

Can’t Click Sims

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all the expansions packs, dine out, outdoor retreat, parenthood, spa day, strangerville, kids room stuff, laundry day stuff, moschino, nifty knitting, toddler stuff, paranormal pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when in game it’s possible that when you click your sim or another sim no pie menu shows up, no actions can be performed on your sim or another sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing I can’t click the sims nothing pops up.
What do you expect to see? the pie menu, interactions to perform on sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after the latest paranormal update and I bought the paranormal pack I start experiencing this problem. ‌

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Message 1 of 17 (769 Views)

Re: Can’t Click Sims

Hero

Hi @GoldenFam2020 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (729 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Hi @GoldenFam2020 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

i’ve tried all those things even down to a reinstall, it’s looking more like a bug in the game that may require an patch update or something I seen a few others with the same problem amongst sim groups. i’m not sure what else I could do to fix it 

Message 3 of 17 (703 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@GoldenFam2020 So it happens on a new game as well ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (683 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@GoldenFam2020So it happens on a new game as well ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

yes it happens on new game, new save. 

Message 5 of 17 (670 Views)

Hero

Could you try a clean boot

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/ and manually shutting down all nonessential background programs (including anything from Asus). There might be something hogging your memory

If it works in that mode, then it's a background program interfering and you will need to find out which one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (663 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Could you try a clean boot

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/ and manually shutting down all nonessential background programs (including anything from Asus). There might be something hogging your memory

If it works in that mode, then it's a background program interfering and you will need to find out which one.

just followed the steps in the link you provided unfortunately that didn’t fix the problem either 

Message 7 of 17 (649 Views)

Hero
@GoldenFam2020 Could you check in the task manager how high the RAM and CPU usage goes if you do the interaction ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (621 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@GoldenFam2020Could you check in the task manager how high the RAM and CPU usage goes if you do the interaction ?

are you referring to when I run the game how high the usage is?

Message 9 of 17 (603 Views)

Hero
@GoldenFam2020 Yes, you might need to play in windowed mode. Have task manager open next to it, then click on a Sim and see what happens.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (600 Views)