Can't Buy SimPoints on Store.TheSims3.com?

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Buy SimPoints on Store.TheSims3.com?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all,

At the moment the "Buy SimPoints" link on TheSims3.com is redirecting to the new EA app instead of the correct store page.

However, players can still purchase SimPoints on the EA app for PC (and Origin on Mac) to redeem on TheSims3.com and in-game stores while this issue is corrected.

Thanks!

EACade
Message 8 of 82 (16,592 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Buy SimPoints on Store.TheSims3.com?

@cameleon1952  Right, as the original post says, you can't use the store link to buy SimPoints anymore.  Instead, buy them through the EA App.  If you're not seeing the option, click Sims 3 in your game library, then click DLC, and "Sims 3 Currency" should be the first listing.  Click that and select the number of points you want, then proceed to checkout.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 22 of 82 (9,549 Views)

All Replies

ea app sims 3 simpoints

★★ Novice

Is that simpoints still available on origin or ea app right now?I wanna buy some simpoints for Midnight Hollow but when I press the 'Buy Simpoint' button,it only sent me to this website Frown

Message 1 of 82 (16,639 Views)

what happened to simpoints?? 2022

★★★ Newbie

So after the changes(which i HATE btw) now i cant purchase simpoints??? what do i do with the 30$ worth of EA cash ive bought?! i play no other EA games, only sims 3 and now no origin, so i cant purchase simpoints now?? 

Message 2 of 82 (16,656 Views)

Re: what happened to simpoints?? 2022

Hero
@QuinKildare I am still able to see SimPoints in EA App, under "The Sims 3 Currency". Although I haven't actually tried to go through with the purchase, I assume it should work.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 82 (16,641 Views)

★★★ Newbie

for some reason i cannot download the app. so i have to have the app to buy sim points??

Message 4 of 82 (16,636 Views)

@QuinKildare  If you still have Origin on your computer, you should be able to buy SimPoints there.  If you've uninstalled it, you can download it again here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

You don't need to uninstall the EA App first; just don't try to open both apps at the same time.  Search Origin for "SimPoints" and the option should show up.

@on9sinsin  I've merged your post with another thread about the same issue.  Try going through Origin instead of the EA App.

Message 5 of 82 (16,590 Views)

★★★★ Novice

May I have it?

Message 6 of 82 (16,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

May you have what?

Message 7 of 82 (16,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I just tried that, it wouldn't let me make a purchase till I bought the base game, tried copying my codes over from steam to register them and it tells me they've already been registered. I'm assuming because I registered them into The Sims 3 Community. I own all the expansions and it wouldn't let me register any of them at all. I'm fuming.

Message 9 of 82 (16,362 Views)

@3MummaBee  Sign into Origin or the EA App with the same email address and password you used on the old Sims 3 site (the community site you referenced), and Sims 3 should already be present in your game library.  Origin is probably the better bet than the EA App, at least for now.  You can download it from here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

Message 10 of 82 (16,339 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help