Re: what happened to simpoints?? 2022

by kjph89

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

They have closed the Origin store. It is no longer possible to buy Simspoints through Origin.

Message 11 of 82 (5,718 Views)

@NatalieQuay  EA has taken origin.com offline, but the Origin app still works and still sells points.  I'm looking at the store page right now, which I found by searching for "simpoints" in Origin, and I can get far enough for Origin to ask me for my credit card info.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 82 (4,977 Views)

Re: Can't Buy SimPoints on Store.TheSims3.com?

★★★ Newbie

how? Where do I do it in the new app?

Message 13 of 82 (4,083 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Me to. I hate the new website. I have had this game for 3 years. It is the only game i have on here. Everything else i use steam for. 

Message 14 of 82 (4,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Cade When will it be fixed?
Message 15 of 82 (3,989 Views)

@KerriBomb  You can buy SimPoints now, without waiting for a fix.  In the EA App, open your game library, click on the Sims 3 icon, then click the DLC button, and you should see an entry for Currency at the top of the list.  Click that, and you'll be on the SimPoints product page.  In Origin, just search the store for "simpoints" without quotes.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 16 of 82 (3,977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@NatalieQuay  Origin software is still installed for Steam players (TS4/Mass Effect LE), you can get Simpoints from it.

https://www.dm.origin.com/download

Message 17 of 82 (4,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

well that sucks, I was saving until my birthday to buy some of the last sets I hadn't gotten yet and then when I went to get SimPoints it just re-directed me to the EA page for buying games, but I will try going through the Origin app on my desktop to buy some SimPoints and if that doesn't work I will try the EA app.

Well I just tried to open the Origin app that came with my sims 3 games and I logged in and it kept telling I had to be online to log in-which I was, but it wouldn't let me log in, so I'm trying the latest version to see if that will work

**Just another update, in order to get SimPoints I had to download the new EA App and when you run it and click installed games-The sims 3 and scroll down, there is an option to purchase the Sims 3 currency, which will allow you to buy SimPoints, and I was able to get them that way. 

Message 18 of 82 (4,594 Views)

★★★★ Novice

so you have to download and install the new EA app in order to purchase SimPoints? As there was some store sets I wanted but I need to buy SimPoints

Message 19 of 82 (5,057 Views)

Re: ea app sims 3 simpoints

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. So are sim points?

Message 20 of 82 (4,489 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help