Re: Can't Access the Legacy Edition

by BansheeHVO

Original Post

Can't Access the Legacy Edition

★★★ Apprentice

Hi! 

I'm wondering how to access the Legacy Edition. I'm trying to finish making all my NO CC artwork before 12th December.

I was forced to 'upgrade' to the EA app a few minutes ago from Origin and have tried everything I can think of to access the Legacy Edition.

Would really appreciate some help. 

Message 1 of 4 (359 Views)

@BansheeHVO  The EA App doesn't support the Legacy Edition, although you might still be able to run it.  But the easiest approach would be to reinstall Origin:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You don't need to uninstall the EA App.  It's fine to have both on your computer; you just can't run both at the same time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (320 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

For whatever reason, it won't let me. The second I reinstall Origin, it tells me to upgrade to the EA Desktop app.

Is there a way to play the Legacy Edition without Origin?

Message 3 of 4 (285 Views)

@BansheeHVO  Unfortunately, a number of people can no longer go back to Origin, for reasons that are unclear.  I also don't know whether you can in fact run the Legacy Edition in the App.  But a quick and dirty way to try to force it is to trash TS4_x64.exe, which runs the standard (64-bit) version of Sims 4.  If you originally installed through Origin, it'll be here:

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

I have no idea whether this will actually work.  But if it doesn't, just put the .exe back, or repair the game to restore it.  Open My Collection, hover over the Sims 4 icon, click the three dots, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (260 Views)