Can only see Details button

by nwhipple19

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can only see Details button

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I don't know if it's because of the November update or because I linked my origin account with steam but when I go to play the sims 4 all it shows is the details button and nothing else I can't uninstall it I can't do anything with the game

Edit By Crinrict: Split from other thread, Adjusted Titel

Message 1 of 3 (226 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can only see Details button

@nwhipple19  It's probably because of your linked accounts.  I can't see the images you uploaded because this site's virus scanner is being difficult again.  But I think I know what you're talking about.

Does your Steam account own Sims 4?  If so, you'd need to install the game through Steam, not through Origin.

If your Steam account doesn't currently own Sims 4, did it ever own the game at some point, or did you maybe use the free trial from a couple weeks ago?  The Steam version overrides the Origin version, and that's not corrected when the Steam version is no longer accessible.  In that case, you'd need to contact EA customer support to get the Steam version of Sims 4 removed from your Origin account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (204 Views)

All Replies

@nwhipple19  It's probably because of your linked accounts.  I can't see the images you uploaded because this site's virus scanner is being difficult again.  But I think I know what you're talking about.

Does your Steam account own Sims 4?  If so, you'd need to install the game through Steam, not through Origin.

If your Steam account doesn't currently own Sims 4, did it ever own the game at some point, or did you maybe use the free trial from a couple weeks ago?  The Steam version overrides the Origin version, and that's not corrected when the Steam version is no longer accessible.  In that case, you'd need to contact EA customer support to get the Steam version of Sims 4 removed from your Origin account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (205 Views)

★★ Novice

I actually did do the free trial on steam but then I uninstalled it from steam

Message 3 of 3 (186 Views)