[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

I have tried that but it didnt help, still not working Frown

Message 11 of 17 (1,190 Views)

Re: Can not connect to EA servers to activate The Sims 4

[ Edited ]

@kr123224

Go into System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall then click the lock and enter your password. Now click on Firewall Options, is Origin showing up with allowed connections?

Firewall

Are you using any kind of VPN software or a 3rd party Firewall?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 17 (1,183 Views)

★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

my firewall is turned off all the time .. and i dont use any VPN software or 3rd party firewall

Message 13 of 17 (1,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have this
Message 14 of 17 (1,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm also having this problem only I don't have Internet access at all. I installed origins and TS4 online last night and it worked okay. Then it asked me to activate my game through EA and it worked fine so I shut my computer down and went back to my internetless house. When I turned it on at home it came up again. I thought it would be a one and done thing so I never considered having to do it again but I can't because I don't have Internet access. I just don't understand why if it worked the first time online it keeps asking me to do it offline. This isn't the first time I've played TS4 either and I know the servers aren't down because it's 2016 now the servers wouldn't be down for a whole year. I've googled everything and tried every suggestion but nothing has worked. Someone please help me I'm so upset
Message 15 of 17 (1,151 Views)

Hero

Did you try login in offline ? Does that not work ?

Normally if you don't have Internet, you still have to login but you do that offline. Then you can start the game in offline mode. You won't have access to the gallery of course.

If you get a can't connect error, did you check if the game is actually showing on your account or at what point are you getting it ?

Also are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 17 (1,143 Views)

Community Manager

Hi folks, spilt recent posts here and will close this space as it's a bit of an oldie that's been necro'd.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 17 of 17 (636 Views)