Can multiple game files be merged?

by Oakley_19th

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can multiple game files be merged?

★ Novice

Look. I have 4 different game files, probably loads of different households etcetera. Wondering if it is possible to merge these files together in one way or another. Don't really care about anything but the builds (i'm a builder, and spend most my time in the building menu). What is even more interesting is the fact these saves have all been made by the same user, and uploading the build to the gallery won't work (or so I believe). Any suggestions?

Appreciate your time!

PS: If you need more info, let me know, I'll try to provide you guys with as much detail as I can.

Message 1 of 7 (1,499 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can multiple game files be merged?

★★★★ Expert
@Oakley_19th

Oh, that makes more sense... In that case, yes. You can merge them together. With a little bit of work.

To merge the "Saves" folder, just rename each file that has the same name. For example, If both "Saves" folders have a file named "Slot_0000000a.save", then just rename one to "Slot_0000000b.save" or anything else that isn't in both.

You should be able to copy over the "Tray" folder no problem without much chance of duplicates.

If the "Mods" folder has duplicates, make sure to only use the mod that is newer. (newer = more recent/updated)

Those are the only folders you really need to worry about. Custom Music and Screenshots are up to you. I wouldn't bother with the rest.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,439 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Oakley_19th

Why won't uploading to the gallery work? Should work just fine.

You don't have to upload to the gallery, you can just save the houses/households to your library. Once there, you can place them in any world/save you want.

But to answer your original question, no. There is no way to merge saves. If you want to use a build in a different save, you save it to your library. You can then place it anywhere you want... in any save you want.

Message 2 of 7 (1,478 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the response! My initial explanation is a bit vague. I have multiple game files in file explorer (I have 4 files named "The Sims 4"). I wondered if i would be able to merge them in one way or another. If that is not the case, I would have to switch between these four files. It would be easier if they were all in one.

Message 3 of 7 (1,451 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Oakley_19th

Oh, that makes more sense... In that case, yes. You can merge them together. With a little bit of work.

To merge the "Saves" folder, just rename each file that has the same name. For example, If both "Saves" folders have a file named "Slot_0000000a.save", then just rename one to "Slot_0000000b.save" or anything else that isn't in both.

You should be able to copy over the "Tray" folder no problem without much chance of duplicates.

If the "Mods" folder has duplicates, make sure to only use the mod that is newer. (newer = more recent/updated)

Those are the only folders you really need to worry about. Custom Music and Screenshots are up to you. I wouldn't bother with the rest.
Message 4 of 7 (1,440 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks! Appreciate you taking time to answer my question. I will try it and come back to let the world know if it worked out. Seems simple enough though! 

Message 5 of 7 (1,414 Views)

★ Novice

It worked! Thanks again for your time! 

Message 6 of 7 (1,409 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Oakley_19th

Awesome! Love it when things work out perfectly!
Message 7 of 7 (1,377 Views)